6mm ARC

Rammer Jammer

Have y'all seen Hornady's new cartridge? I have to admit I'm interested in this one. I am going to build another AR soon. I don't reload so ammo availability has me pretty torn right now on what to build. 350 legend seems to be available quite often at midway, but 6.5 Grendel is hardly ever which is the other caliber I was considering. But now, I'm thinking I should wait and see what becomes of the 6mm ARC.

hillbillyfab

I know nothing about the calibers you've listed but can say almost every sporting good/LGS that I've visited over the past few months had 350 legend on the shelf. It caught my eye due to availability.

backyardtndeer

Done some research on it and looks very interesting. Military has adopted the round according to one article I read.

Considered a build with the arc, means a new set of dies and brass. Have all the parts I need for the build minus a barrel.

DaveB

Don't know about the adopted.......heard that about the SPC II. Can't get a SAAMI ok on the SPC II.

So the max bullet weight is 108 at this point?

Comparing a SSM 243 to a 308 and emphasizing the weight difference makes little sense to me but I think Hornady sucks anyway.

The round should stand on its own qualities rather than constantly knocking what you don't have a patent on.

Rockhound

I love my grendel, and I want a bolt rifle in the caliber as well.

That said, its really hard for a caliber to fail nowadays. There are so many shooters with different tastes amd preferences that I feel like most will hang on.

Latest posts