2018 F150 Overheating

gtk

Staff member
Update in case anyone else has the issue:

If this truck has taught me anything, it's don't buy ford. If you do, buy the extended warranty (if it's a good, "full coverage" type warranty). I've had this truck for 2.5 years and with this trip to the dealer I have eclipsed $30k in repairs. Everything on it has broken at some point. My dad's 2020 is currently in the shop for a full transmission rebuild at 53k miles. Never again….
Glad you have it working. I'm betting it was the thermostat. I've read of multiple instances with others having the same prob/solution.

As far as it being a Ford thing, I believe its "6 on one hand, 1/2 dozen on the other" type deal. All of the newer trucks are about as reliable as the next. Not like "old days" when being a die-hard ford man meant something. They are all about the same in terms of reliability if you ask me, with Toyota probably having the edge on all trucks. These new trucks have so much electronics and the tolerances are so tight, any one little thing out of whack can throw the whole system off.

HottyToddy

Glad you have it working. I'm betting it was the thermostat. I've read of multiple instances with others having the same prob/solution.

As far as it being a Ford thing, I believe its "6 on one hand, 1/2 dozen on the other" type deal. All of the newer trucks are about as reliable as the next. Not like "old days" when being a die-hard ford man meant something. They are all about the same in terms of reliability if you ask me, with Toyota probably having the edge on all trucks. These new trucks have so much electronics and the tolerances are so tight, any one little thing out of whack can throw the whole system off.
I agree, and it pisses me off lol. I want to get rid of mine, but I truly don't know what to get that I'll trust any more than this one. At least I have 20k more miles on the warranty 🤷🏻‍♂️

mike243

Well after over 300,000 I will put a engine in my 2011 f150, got a low rpm miss and replaced plug and injector to rule them out. I did service the trans awhile back and put full synthetic in, much better heat rating and it has run a lot cooler with just regular driving. it will cost me $10,000 or so, can't buy a used 1 for that and retired now and don't want a truck payment . nothing is made like it use to be, buy a extended warranty and be Happy lol, eco boosts have had issues since they came out.

Latest posts