04 honda foreman 450 es shifter problem

usanglure

Who in Memphis area would be good mechanic to work on this problem, i've replaced angle sensor and it works about 30 min of driving then blows fuse and quits shifting. I'm not qualified to get to tracing wiring or other issues on it.
thanks

Wiley

Wiley

Did you do the wire routing and disconnect the gears from the gear box...?? And does it doe good now?
I didn't do the rewire. My LCD gear indicator just flashes continuously in whatever gear that I'm in. I did remove the gears from the shift motor and it's working fine. I will say that it's stiffer than a regular foot shift ATV but I've read that the Honda ES clutch is a stiffer setup than Honda factory foot shift. Not sure if that part is actually true. And FWIW, the conversion that I did is a heel/toe shifter. I upshift with my heel and downshift with my toes. That's easier due to the stiffness. I have a hand shifter that I bought first and just couldn't make myself like it and the guy doesn't take returns. I'd be glad to ship that one to you to see if it will fit your machine, you try it and then we could see what it's worth to you.

Last edited:

Latest posts