Public Hunting Areas

Other Public Hunting Lands

Other TWRA lands not proclaimed as a WMA or refuge are open with statewide seasons unless otherwise indicated.

Big South Fork National River &Recreation Area & Obed Wild and Scenic River Special Regulations

Taking wild hogs incidental to hunting requires permit from the National Park Service

Wild hogs may be taken during any deer hunt, by legal deer hunters.  After the January closure of deer season, small game and furbearer hunters may take wild hogs if they are legally hunting small game or furbearers with equipment that would otherwise be legal for deer hunting.  Chasing wild hogs with dogs is not permitted.

These special regulations apply at Obed Wild and Scenic River only on the lands administered by the National Park Service.

For information call Big South Fork NRRA at (423) 569-9778 or the BSFNRRA Bandy Creek Visitor Center at (423) 286-7275.

Fort Campbell Outdoor Recreation

(270) 798-2175.

Holston Army Ammunition Plant – (423) 578-6276

Holston Army Ammunition Plant

Attn: Deer Hunt Information
4509 West Stone Drive
Kingsport, TN 37660

Milan Army Ammunition Plant

(731) 686-6682. Web site:

Tims Ford State Park Huntable Lands

Permit required, available at the Park Office. Same seasons and regulations as Owl Hollow Mill WMA (see hunting guide). For more information call (931) 962-1183.   Link for “see hunting guide” below.



Page updated February 27, 2019