Hawken barrel help

PickettSFHunter

Looking for some of you sidelock guru's. I have a Charles Daly 50 caliber Hawken that I love to hunt with. It has a 1 in 48 twist barrel. I really want to be able to shoot pure copper HP's through it accurately. The sabots I was shooting Through it have been discontinued or I just can't find them. It doesn't shoot others well at all. I would love to put a 1 in 28 twist barrel on this rifle if possible. I just don't know if that's possible? Not sure if all hawken style drop ins will work or what? Thank you for any guidance?

Smo

8-F610079-DD29-4154-8327-4-AC9-F5844235.png

Give this Guy a call and tell him what you want to do, He's the barrel Guru.

Wobblyshot1

Smo, thanks for posting Mr. Hoyts contact info. I've got a .45 caliber I'd like to shoot in the hunter class table shoots at Friendship and its a hair too heavy to be legal. I think I might be able to get a .54 caliber out of it.

Pickett...Hoyt does all kinds of barrel work from reboring to lining as well as making custom barrels. I know of no drop ins for your gun. I think the only ones Green Mountain made were for TCs and $$$. Bobby has a very good reputation for his work and I hear quite reasonably priced.

Smo

No problem, I've never used him myself. But very well may in the future.

I have read several reviews and replies on Forums over the years about the quality and good service Mr. Hoyt provides.

And from my understanding he is reasonably priced !

I'm thinking about having him make a couple pistol barrels... 1 rifled .54 & 1 smooth .54 , out of an old Renegade barrel I've got.

451LRML

Rice barrels is making drop in Fast Twist replacement bbls for these, I believe.
I saw some for T/C in their booth at Friendship.
May be worth a call to Jason at Rice.

I had Bobby re-rifle 2 damascus Rifles over the years, he'll do fine as well.

Latest posts