Expected accuracy?

Yotekiller011

I'm new to air gunning and picked up a Beeman Sportsman RS2 to start. Now when I was a boy I used a daisy pump air gun and 10 pumps was deadly with it at 25 yards or so. The Beeman is a .177 the best it will do with the iron sight is maybe 1"1/2" group. I've tried two different pellets gamo red Fire 7.8 gr. and crosman premier 7.4 gr. And neither group very good. The front sight on this gun appears to set high, like 3/4 from the barrel about like a ar front sight. I've adjusted and adjusted and can't get any accuracy from the bench. Should I just go with a scope and see if it helps? Or are these guns just not accurate or dependable enough to shoot small game? I don't even think a scope would work without removing the high front sight. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,508

Kirk

All of my recent air gun experience is with the big bore .45 and .50 caliber rifles. I haven't shot a .177 in several years.

I get a lot of information on a website called "gateway to airguns". That talk forum is 100% airguns and nothing else. It is set up a lot like Tndeer.com and has the specific types and calibers broken out in dedicated forums. Try it and you should find some answers.

www.gatewaytoairguns.org

Atchman2

Almost all spring air rifles are hold sensitive. Putting them on anything but the back of your arm just makes it worse. A couple of things:

1) Check the stock screws. There are usually three. Those need to be pretty firm.
2) https://www.pyramydair.com/article/The_ ... ne_2009/63
3) Some air rifles are "pellet sensitive". You have to try a few different brands to be sure. Some just shoot better than others.

Sometimes an air rifle needs "tuned" that means that certain parts need smoothing and lubricated. I normally only do that to my high end air rifles though. I have a similar rifle to that one from a China. It is so accurate and lethal. I'll bet I've killed several hundred critters with it.

mike243

I have had a ruger .177 for a couple of years and it loves the red fire pellets, it wont shoot cheap pellets for nothing, I use a cheap 30 year old scope and it has about killed it lol , first thing you read in a bb gun forum is use a scope made for them, this stupid thing kicks , just ask the grand son :tu:

Latest posts