• Advertisement

Ants

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Ants

Postby JAY B » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:19 pm

:bash: Darn ants already out in full force around my place ,new mounds popping up daily and they really like the base of trees and ornamental grasses. I need some proven product recommendations to get rid of the problem!
JAY B
8 Point

Advertisement

Re: Ants

Postby Gravey » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:17 pm

I tried eco friendly stuff and they’d dry up then reappear a few feet away. When my son was little he got in them and they wore him out. I turned to diesel fuel and never looked back.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Gravey
Non-Typical

Postby gasman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 pm

Gravey wrote:I tried eco friendly stuff and they’d dry up then reappear a few feet away. When my son was little he got in them and they wore him out. I turned to diesel fuel and never looked back.

^^^^that's all I use^^^^ take a stick and poke holes deep in the mound and filler up. A match helps a bit too.
RUGGED AND COMMITTED
HUNT HARD! PRAY HARDER!
John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
gasman
10 Point

Postby Hunter 257W » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:47 am

Ortho Orthene powder is what I've used since I bought my house back in 1996. It works every time and just takes about a spoonful on each mound.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ortho-Orthe ... /100056182
Hunter 257W
14 Point

Postby BMan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:29 pm

gasman wrote:
Gravey wrote:I tried eco friendly stuff and they’d dry up then reappear a few feet away. When my son was little he got in them and they wore him out. I turned to diesel fuel and never looked back.

^^^^that's all I use^^^^ take a stick and poke holes deep in the mound and filler up. A match helps a bit too.

Proven effective against scorpion nests as well.
I'd rather be deplorable than despicable.
BMan
16 Point

Return to TnDeer General Forum