How many private land acres?

timberjack86

Uncle Jesse":1bfjdg86 said:
timberjack86":1bfjdg86 said:
0 private, but hundreds of thousands of acres of the Cherokee National Forest in my backyard
Didn't you use to live in Grundy Co?
I did, I moved because of my job. Family still lives there and I go back and stay every now and then. Looking to stay with Dad a couple weekends this spring and hunt aedc if the crowds aren't too bad. Last time I hunted the base I saw more hunters than I ever have.

Uncle Jesse

timberjack86":1pxd0hrc said:
Uncle Jesse":1pxd0hrc said:
timberjack86":1pxd0hrc said:
0 private, but hundreds of thousands of acres of the Cherokee National Forest in my backyard
Didn't you use to live in Grundy Co?
I did, I moved because of my job. Family still lives there and I go back and stay every now and then. Looking to stay with Dad a couple weekends this spring and hunt aedc if the crowds aren't too bad. Last time I hunted the base I saw more hunters than I ever have.
Yeah I was thinking you hunted AEDC some. It has got crazy around there. Even week days it's crowded

AT Hiker

75 private acres

Spent 2 days and 15+ miles hiking around LBL this weekend. Seen zero turkey sign, literally nothing.
The hog sign has increased since last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
AT Hiker":2ppjhhlb said:
Spent 2 days and 15+ miles hiking around LBL this weekend. Seen zero turkey sign, literally nothing.

I used to hunt lbl quite a bit.
It has been 5 or 6 years since I have due to several different reasons.

That absolutely boggles my mind.
My memories are more along the lines of standing in a "listening spot" and trying to decide which of the 5 or 6 birds, that were sounding off within 150 yards of my position, to go after.

PalsPal

Over the years, I have accumulated access to several tracts of property of various sizes. I'm always on the lookout for new places. I have no idea on acreage.

However, I do still like to hunt some large public tracts, and as stated to give me the ability to follow the gobbles without having to worry about property lines.

AT Hiker

RUGER":8g14khvr said:
AT Hiker":8g14khvr said:

I used to hunt lbl quite a bit.
It has been 5 or 6 years since I have due to several different reasons.

That absolutely boggles my mind.
My memories are more along the lines of standing in a "listening spot" and trying to decide which of the 5 or 6 birds, that were sounding off within 150 yards of my position, to go after.

My experience over the past 3-5 years has been a steady decline in seeing and hearing turkeys. Not saying other parts of LBL are fine but the areas I hunt are bad.
My next mission is to go explore different parts of it to see if I can find any sign. My fear is everyone else will do this and lock down on the same areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts