• Advertisement

String of bad luck

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

String of bad luck

Postby Daniel90 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Anyone else having bad luck? Started in bow season I shot a doe perfect shot angle. Never found deer. Beat myself up to the point that I swore I wouldn’t go back until muzzleloader. Opening day of muzzleloader shoot a decent buck perfectly broadside shot never found deer and just a tad of blood. After looking for the deer I get back to boat ramp and my motor decides to take a crap on me. I have been hunting for 20 years and never had this happen 2 times in a row. I’m down in the dumps and considering just ending my season now. Anyone else had this happen ? How do you overcome it. Hunting is my passion but I have zero confidence at this point. It’s the best time of the year and I supposed to have 5 straight days off work to hunt this week and here I am ready to call it quits. I just can’t get over it. My whiny a$$ Is done crying for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daniel90
4 Point

Advertisement

Re: String of bad luck

Postby Ladys man » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Get back on the saddle, hit the range build your confidence back up and go lay em down
Ladys man
10 Point

Postby Urban_Hunter » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Been there. Best thing to do is go back and shoot the first deer you see. It’ll go down and you can put it all behind you. This is the time of year to get it done, don’t give up now!
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure
Urban_Hunter
12 Point

Postby Dully » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Just go hunt,I've made what I thought was perfect shot placement,no deer to be found,if you hunt long enough it will happen,so just shake it off and go hunt,it suppose to be fun not beat your self up,there's happier times coming,good look
Dully
4 Point

Postby rrhoghead » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 pm

hope things get better
rrhoghead
8 Point

Postby double browtine » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Sorry for your bad string of luck. Lots of times deer don't bleed much at all with a muzzleloader. Get back out there and see if you can get lucky!
double browtine
12 Point

Postby Frayser » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:47 pm

Like a baseball player in a hitting slump. The only way out is to hit your way out. Good luck!
Frayser
4 Point

Postby TNTreeman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:08 pm

About 6 yrs ago I had awesome double droptine buck I had been getting on camera all summer. First day of the season he came in right at last light, I let er fly . Waited for an hour and started tracking. He ran onto some property behind me that was soon to be developed . I looked for several hours flagging all my last blood spots with toilet paper. Got up before worship service and continued never found him. Went out Monday on my four wheeler trying to cover more ground on the development property- which wasn't mine but not posted either and owned by investors. They followed my tracks through the tall weeds back to my property and took my summit climber and my camera. Losing that deer and what followed losing my stand and camera took my desire to hunt till about rifle season. We're not guaranteed tomorrow , much less next season so take a deep breath and get back out there and enjoy all the aspects of the experience , don't worry about the kill.
TNTreeman
6 Point

Postby larry ipock » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:48 pm

2016, wounded a doe during archery, and wounded an 8 pt. in MZL. Both were bad judgements on my part. Never found either one. EHD hit our area in 2017. Used it as an excuse to not hunt much that year. We all have those bad seasons. 2018, diagnosed with cancer, ( cancer free now), So, this year LORD willing, I'm hunting as much as possible and just enjoy being able to do it. You never know when your not gonna be able to.
larry ipock
6 Point

Postby Daniel90 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:55 am

Thanks guys hit the range with my muzzleloader yesterday. Something is just not right in the gun. Have tried a new scope and different powder combos no luck whatsoever. Was on last weekend but it seems like every few shots are being thrown. My muzzleloader has seen better years the barrel has some pitting and something just doesn’t feel right in the trigger. Trigger seems to be very hard. Think I’ll set it aside and get it worked on after season. Think I’m gonna bite the bullet and buy a new gun today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daniel90
4 Point

Postby MUP » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:57 am

Buddy do you remember my 2013 season? Worst that I've ever had, and I was down as well. All I can say is that it probably happens to all of us at one point or another, and you just have to keep digging thru it. The next season, 2014, I had one of my best seasons. It WILL get better buddy, just keep on keeping on. ;)
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby old guy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:06 am

20 yrs. and only 2 times in a row ? Suck it up and get back out there , things will change ...
old guy
8 Point

Postby BLOODTRAIL » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:27 am

Hang in there, happens to us all at some point. Winners never quit. Quitters never win.
BLOODTRAIL
Spike

Postby JKC » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:22 am

I'm with you. Hit one with crossbow few weeks ago an couldn't find it. Now I can't seem to pull the trigger.
JKC
8 Point

Return to TnDeer General Forum