• Advertisement

Night Of The Mad Monkey

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Night Of The Mad Monkey

Postby larry ipock » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Watts Bar Lake. June 2001. About 1.5 mi. below the Kingston City Park boat ramp. 2 A.M. Dark moonless night. While fishing down this familiar stretch of shoreline, we all hear what we thought was a deer running thru the woods in our direction. Suddenly, this thing stars making frightful noises and screams. We're all thinking and saying out loud, *****? Now it jumps up in the trees and starts shaking limbs and still screaming the whole time, and starts moving down close to us in the trees. We were close to the bank and under some of the trees, and I we all said its gonna jump in the boat! I knew if it did whatever it was, we were gonna have a real problem thinking it might be a rabid coon. My friends son was with us (he was 15), was ready jump out of the boat! I put the trolling motor on high and quickly backed away from the bank, and sure enough it jumps in the tree where the boat had been! Now were about a cast away from the bank ,and have our flash lites in hand and this thing comes out of the tree and down to the waters edge. Somebody said S###t I hope it can't swim. Now it starts walking back and forth on the bank, (still screaming like it was very P off) Our lites could only pickup its body outline, and its eyes shone red in the lite. It was about size of a coon, but the body shape wasn't right, and could not see any ears. WHAT IS THIS THING? After what seemed like an hour but was only about 10 min., it finally starts to go back up hill screaming the whole time. With the fun for the night over, we decided to call it a night. On the drive home we all tried to come up with what this creature was.

While watching the local 6 O'CLOCK News the next day, there was a report of some ones pet monkey got out in the Kingston area. Don't know if they ever caught it. Which proves truth is stranger than fiction sometimes. We all had a good laugh about that, and had a going joke for a while every time we fished that area at nite. BEWARE THE MAD MONKEY OF KINGSTON. :)

This is just one of the strange goings on you see on WATTS BAR. I hope I didn't bore y'all :)
larry ipock
6 Point

Advertisement

Re: Night Of The Mad Monkey

Postby DRSJ35 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:46 pm

thats hilarious who would have thought.I bet the confusion was intense for everyone.love to have seen your faces lol.i guess your still not 100 % it was a monkey are you.
DRSJ35
8 Point

Postby larry ipock » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:23 pm

Yeah, It not a boring nite, for sure. For a few years after that, when I fished the Barr at nite, it was in the back of my mind, whats gonna come out of these woods tonite. No still not entirely convinced it was a monkey, with Oak Ridge not that far away. LOL
larry ipock
6 Point

Postby cbhunter » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:18 am

That’s funny right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cbhunter
14 Point

Postby MUP » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:22 am

That would have been pretty exciting for sure! I would have been considering the possibility of it being one of the Democrat presidential candidates on the loose trying to get your attention with some of their crazy rhetoric. :)
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Return to TnDeer General Forum