• Advertisement

Well...that'll leave a mark

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Re: Well...that'll leave a mark

Postby Crow Terminator » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:04 am

Update: they were able to get my tooth reasonable close to where it originally was. I can at least bite down now. They basically glued it to the other tooth to help keep it stable. They still think I will have to get a root canal in the future though. The teeth don't hurt as of now but are sore; kinda like when I had braces and they had just done a tightening.

The biggest problem I have as of the minute is the lower lip. I'm walking around looking like Bubba from Forrest Gump. It is swollen quite a bit and really sore. They didn't put stitches in it where the teeth punctured through; they put some kind of tape or glue stuff on it. No pics of the gore. I know some people would have probably immediately thought to take the camera or phone out and take pics while they were still bleeding. I was too busy pacing around trying to cipher what just happened, and doing a system check to see what damage it had done to me. All in all, I'll probably have some dental issues to deal with down the road but it could have been a lot worse. My wife and I cut treats for the goats all the time...have cut hundreds of hedge limbs and trees over the years and never an issue. I'm just glad it was me that got it and not my wife.

BTW...for kicks and giggles. I text my boss and tell him that I wouldn't be into work last night, I told him what happened and that the earliest appointment they could get me in for, for the surgery was at 3:45 in the afternoon. We work midnight shift so that would have meant no sleep during the day plus the soreness/pain of just having all this happen hours before. He calls me and literally the first words out of his mouth are "I hate to hear about what happened but is there any way possible you could still make it into work tonight? We are already going to be short handed".

My wife was in the car driving and heard what he had just said. My wife is a good girl; I've been married to her for 14 years and never heard her say a bad word. When she heard him ask that, she blurted out loud "wow...what an A$$ hole" . That's the first I've ever heard her say something like that. That made me chuckle a bit.
Crow Terminator
16 Point

Advertisement

Postby MUP » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:50 am

:super: Good on your wife CT! I hope he heard her! :mrgreen:
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby Carlos » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:10 am

Dang, hope you're good as new right away.

About the supervisors comment, IMO that was extremely unprofessional. I'm sure he never thought of maybe, calling one of the other guys, and asking them to come in and work in your place. No, let's ask the guy who just had a serious accident to come in, right?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Carlos
6 Point

Postby Wildcat » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:53 am

Sounds like you got lucky. Hope you recover fast.

That supervisor needs to roll up HIS sleeves and take your place if he can't find anybody else.
When a United States Congressman gets up and walks out of the House when the American people in the House Gallery chats USA, USA, then you know who hates America.
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Previous

Return to TnDeer General Forum