• Advertisement

Catoosa hunt buck only

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Catoosa hunt buck only

Postby tndeerman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:25 pm

I need help on a hunt at catoosa ,all I need is a little help in knowing what direction to star to look in ,I work out of town and don't have a lot of time to scout,thank you so much for your help
the jerky man
tndeerman
8 Point

Advertisement

Re: Catoosa hunt buck only

Postby Tenntrapper » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Wish I could help. Was about to ask the same thing. We got the early November hunt. If I remember correctly, it's November 7-9. It's been 20 yrs since last time I was there.
Tenntrapper
Spike

Postby tndeerman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Been longer for me,and by Google earth the area has been logged where I hunted
the jerky man
tndeerman
8 Point

Postby Tenntrapper » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Hopefully someone will chime in and help. I would also like advice on where to have a chance at hogs. I know they could be anywhere, but some areas have to be better than others.
Tenntrapper
Spike

Postby bigjohn » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:05 pm

I know you will think I’m crazy but the best advice I can give is don’t scout and just pull off the first good looking spot you come to that doesn’t have a car parked at it. Go in (don’t have be too far) and sit all day. If you’re after hogs get in the creek laurel.
bigjohn
4 Point

Postby THEdonkey0515 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:11 am

bigjohn wrote:I know you will think I’m crazy but the best advice I can give is don’t scout and just pull off the first good looking spot you come to that doesn’t have a car parked at it. Go in (don’t have be too far) and sit all day. If you’re after hogs get in the creek laurel.

This worked for us last year in November at Catoosa.

We had no idea where we was just pulled off the road where no one else was parked close by. dad went off to one side of the road I went to the other not far in at all eighter of us couple 100 yards at most if that.

We both seen deer, and he had a good shooter buck chase all around him, but never could get a shot.
THEdonkey0515
10 Point

Return to TnDeer General Forum