• Advertisement

Upstanding LEO!

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Upstanding LEO!

Postby Snowwolfe » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:59 am

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...stops-n1028991

Four hours ago.

It took over a 1000 hours of work to uncover this guy's misdeeds. How many more are out there, doing this and not getting caught?

Quote:
During most of these stops, the deputy would turn off his body camera and “tailor his recordings to conceal his criminal activity,” authorities said.
Quote:
A former Florida sheriff's deputy was arrested Wednesday after authorities alleged he planted drugs and falsely charged dozens of innocent motorists after pulling them over under the guise of a minor traffic stop.

Jackson County Deputy Zachary Wester was taken into custody in Crawfordville, about 20 miles south of Tallahassee, after a yearlong investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement revealed that he frequently stopped drivers for minor traffic infractions and then covertly planted methamphetamine and other drugs in their vehicles while conducting a search, authorities said in a statement.
Quote:
After “finding” the drugs, he would pin motorists with bogus criminal charges and arrest them.

Wester’s actions led prosecutors to drop charges in almost 120 cases that occurred between 2016 and 2018, including one man who lost custody of his daughter as a result of the false arrest.

In October 2017, Benjamin Bowling was falsely charged and arrested by Wester for possessing methamphetamine while driving to the store to pick up diapers, according to the arrest warrant. Florida's child welfare agency had recently awarded Bowling custody of his daughter after being released from prison on a DUI conviction, but as a result of the false arrest, he lost custody of the child.

"There is no question that Wester's crimes were deliberate and that his actions put innocent people in jail," FDLE Pensacola Assistant Special Agent in Charge Chris Williams said in a statement.
Snowwolfe
8 Point

Advertisement

Re: Upstanding LEO!

Postby MUP » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:08 am

I hope he gets put into population.
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby RUGER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 am

Wow glad they finally caught him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pffft forget that, I'm going fishin'
RUGER
Non-Typical

Postby Snake » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 am

MUP wrote:I hope he gets put into population.

This ^^^^^
Snake
Non-Typical

Postby Hunter 257W » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 am

The officer's actions could be linked with a reaction to the on-going anti-LE public attitude in this country. There are a lot of thugs who need to go to jail but with our current society there are a million loop-holes to prevent them from ever receiving any jail time. This guy could have been targeting people that most of us would say needed exactly what he gave them if we knew the people. I seriously doubt he was targeting little old ladies driving Crown Victoria's on the way to church on Sunday morning.

I know that is a slippery slope to start down but I'm not ready to condemn the officer until I know more.
Hunter 257W
14 Point

Postby bobbuck » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:12 am

Hunter 257W wrote:The officer's actions could be linked with a reaction to the on-going anti-LE public attitude in this country. There are a lot of thugs who need to go to jail but with our current society there are a million loop-holes to prevent them from ever receiving any jail time. This guy could have been targeting people that most of us would say needed exactly what he gave them if we knew the people. I seriously doubt he was targeting little old ladies driving Crown Victoria's on the way to church on Sunday morning.

I know that is a slippery slope to start down but I'm not ready to condemn the officer until I know more.

Wow! There is never a reason to frame someone!
bobbuck
4 Point

Postby Bambi Buster » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Hunter 257W wrote:The officer's actions could be linked with a reaction to the on-going anti-LE public attitude in this country. There are a lot of thugs who need to go to jail but with our current society there are a million loop-holes to prevent them from ever receiving any jail time. This guy could have been targeting people that most of us would say needed exactly what he gave them if we knew the people. I seriously doubt he was targeting little old ladies driving Crown Victoria's on the way to church on Sunday morning.

:o

That's more like an open elevator shaft than a slippery slope.

Most would agree that I am as strong a supporter of law enforcement as can be found on TnDeer. That said, in no way do I advocate or condone vigilante do-it-yourself justice by LEOs. When it comes time for that, as it well may, the thugs will have won and the only recourse will be to tear the whole thing down and start over again.
Last edited by Bambi Buster on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The American military is like a finely crafted sword. To be effective, it must be wielded by a discerning, skilled and merciless hand."
Bambi Buster
16 Point

Postby shane37110 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Cops are supposed to be the good guys, the ones who follow the laws they enforce. When they start breaking the law to make arrests, they are worse in my opinion than the common criminal. The common criminal has taken no sacred oath to defend the constitution. This guy deserves at a minimum, the total of the maximum sentences each person framed could have gotten. 180 defendants @ 10 years each for example. Bury him behind the prison fence when he dies to keep him from getting out too soon.
shane37110
8 Point

Postby Wrangler95 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Sure glad they caught the lowlife for sure!!
Jeeps,Honda's & Thompson Center's

"As the deer longs for stream's of water,so I long for you,o God"
Psalms42:1
Wrangler95
18 Point

Postby rem270 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:43 pm

I hope someone doing 25 to life murders that fool. That's what he deserves. Look at the lives he's screwed up by framing them. Piss on that guy and anyone defending him.
Everyone should give Jesus a try once. If you don't like it Satan will always take you back.
rem270
Non-Typical

Postby Polar Kraft » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:53 pm

What's left to find out? The guy planted METH on people.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Polar Kraft
4 Point

Postby RUGER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:56 pm

rem270 wrote:I hope someone doing 25 to life murders that fool. That's what he deserves. Look at the lives he's screwed up by framing them. Piss on that guy and anyone defending him.

How ya really feel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pffft forget that, I'm going fishin'
RUGER
Non-Typical

Postby BamaProud » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:59 pm

Sickening.
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.
Wine-Down Brewing and Winemaking
BamaProud
16 Point

Postby scn » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Disgusting!

That is the lowest of the low if true. I hope he gets what he deserves if/when convicted.
scn
16 Point

Return to TnDeer General Forum