Genesis no till drill

JCDEERMAN

I could have placed this in the food plot section, but figured it wouldn't get as much traffic. Any one have a true no till drill? Genesis seems to be the best out there but looking for different opinions. It's pricey but I'd love to have the ability to spray and plant. Genesis 5 or 8 seems like the real deal. Thanks in advance!

nwsg76

I have 3 different drills.
5ft truax for small food plots and wildflower planting. 7 ft great plains for renting out. And 10 ft haybuster for covering ground at farm. Be happy to share comments on any of them.
For the cost of a new genesis...you can buy a used drill that's built for farming.

infoman jr.

My hunting partners and I rent one of these from the local Southern States. It is $10/acre with a $100 minimum per day. We used one about a month ago for soybeans, sorghum, and corn. For that price, we can't justify buying one.

49-2b.jpg

MickThompson

Bone Collector":12mv3pg2 said:
I heard you might be able to pull a small one behind a pick up truck. Is that true?

I may want to do a 1-1.5 acre plot one day and I do not own a tractor.

All the ones I've been around that pulled with a drawbar needed hydraulic ports on the tractor to raise and lower the openers. I'd think you'd have plenty of horsepower but come up short on weight/torque/traction.

MickThompson

infoman jr.":1vu5onnn said:
My hunting partners and I rent one of these from the local Southern States. It is $10/acre with a $100 minimum per day. We used one about a month ago for soybeans, sorghum, and corn. For that price, we can't justify buying one.

49-2b.jpg

This. This drill is a $25k machine new. Lots of co-ops and soil conservation districts rent them out for $8-12/acre. The pull behind require much less horsepower to plant the same width as 3pt hitch mounted ones, but the 3 pt ones would be easier to get into micro plots back in the woods. I've never used a Genesis but sure like a Haybuster.

JCDEERMAN

I'm now looking towards the Great Plains/Land Pride no till drills after further research. I have 2 dealers working on quotes for me. I really wanna start this method and save a lot of time. If this works out, we are going to try and clear out another 15-20 acres for larger food plots.

nwsg76, do you like your Great Plains? Is it built well? I've heard they are one of the top competitors. Thanks in advance

Latest posts