• Advertisement

How it has evolved

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

How it has evolved

Postby JDUB » Fri May 17, 2019 11:21 pm

I walked about 6-700 yds one way through ankle deep corn plants to retrieve my blind from turkey season in respect to the farmer of course. It was kind of a relief sadly. Deer season done and I don’t feel like I have to be there in case “he” walks by and I can make a post with a pic of a successful hunt. Turkey season over and I don’t feel like I need to be out there bc they may be fired up so I can post a story of how it went down. Don’t take me wrong I love being outdoors and LOVE hunting and sharing my experiences both successful and unsuccessful but there’s so much pressure that we hunters put on ourselves as well as others put on us and there is a balance that I don’t find sometimes bc of this. God, Family and everything after is how it should always be. Mostly my fault cause I get caught up but it didn’t use to be like this. I can’t imagine those long before us that hunted to feed their families and if they weren’t successful they couldn’t go grocery shopping. I’m thankful that I get to eat organic meat that I harvested when I’m fortunate enough to harvest it. I’m also thankful for the local grocery lol.
Attachments
3FB5C433-6A5D-49F7-903E-BD9347E1234D.jpeg
3FB5C433-6A5D-49F7-903E-BD9347E1234D.jpeg (134.45 KiB) Viewed 647 times
JDUB
4 Point

Advertisement

Re: How it has evolved

Postby Lost Lake » Sat May 18, 2019 11:57 am

As I’ve gotten older, I find that I have just as much passion for hunting as I had when I was in my 20’s, but it’s directed differently. Back then, depression would set in when deer season closed. I’m still sad to see it go, but feel a sense of relief as I get a much needed break from hard hunting.

Family commitments and other hobbies provide at least as much entertainment as deer season. But the time away makes it that much sweeter as a new season draws near. And the passion is still there.
Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and they won't have shoes. - Jack Handey
Lost Lake
8 Point

Postby MUP » Sat May 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Lost Lake wrote:As I’ve gotten older, I find that I have just as much passion for hunting as I had when I was in my 20’s, but it’s directed differently. Back then, depression would set in when deer season closed. I’m still sad to see it go, but feel a sense of relief as I get a much needed break from hard hunting.

Family commitments and other hobbies provide at least as much entertainment as deer season. But the time away makes it that much sweeter as a new season draws near. And the passion is still there.

Dang. Don't think I could have explained it any better for my own self.
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby Matador » Sat May 18, 2019 5:12 pm

The passion will always be there. You said it all Lost Lake.
Matador
12 Point

Postby GaryLBumpus » Sun May 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Some feel 'pressured' because hunting is longer about a man's primal enjoyment of hunting.

It's more now about Likes, internet hugs, post counts, attaboys, gotter-done-son type acceptance dog whistles from the invisible cyber friends network.
GaryLBumpus
4 Point

Postby Snake » Mon May 20, 2019 5:48 pm

Still have the desire to go just can't get the ole body to cooperate at times . It's hard when you know it's a great day weather is just right but you just can't muster up the gityup to go or a part of your body is aching and your mind is a telling you to get your butt in gear , body usually wins . Father time and a hard life will simmer any feeling of opening day by far !! When I lost the last lease we had in Giles Co. thought that it would be a sad sad day but it was a day of actual relief from having a real good hunting area and only going twice at most a year . Fixing to retire thinking a few years ago that I could go hunting anytime without obligation to my occupation but just didn't realize I would feel this bad , no matter how much you like something if you don't feel like doing it you won't do it much . It really makes me feel good inside when I see hunters my age and older still able to hunt the way they always have . My wind is still good as it was many years ago I had to wait on others trekking through the woods but my back and knees just ain't having it . You young guns hunt while you can and enjoy the hunt no matter the prize because the prize is enjoying God's creation with the liberty we enjoy in this country . I ain't done yet so don't write me off but the time is not far off ! So yeah my hunting has evolved from going every day I could to going when my mind rarely overrules my body !!
Snake
Non-Typical

Return to TnDeer General Forum