• Advertisement

It's that time of year again: Nat'l Cornbread Festival!

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

It's that time of year again: Nat'l Cornbread Festival!

Postby FTG-05 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:14 am

The South Pittsburgh National Cornbread Festival is just around the corner on April 27-28. This is the only time of the year you can tour the Lodge Cast Iron Foundry and Factory. South Pittsburgh is about 30 miles west of Chattanooga.

Well worth it IMO. Music, food, all the usual stuff. Details here: https://nationalcornbread.com/

Lodge will have a gigantic tent set up in their parking lot with great deals on their cast iron. The store will also have tons of "2nds", cast iron that has some cosmetic defect but is otherwise perfectly fine for cooking - and usually at a great discount.

Highly recommended if you're in south central TN or north AL that weekend.
FTG-05
6 Point

Advertisement

Re: It's that time of year again: Nat'l Cornbread Festival!

Postby MUP » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:04 pm

My wife always attends. I usually spring for some cast iron implements for her, and it pays off for me in the long run....and short run I suppose. ;)
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby Matador » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:39 pm

I've been once and toured the foundry. Lots of vendors and good food to eat. Good deals on their seconds like FTG-05 said.
Matador
12 Point

Postby FTG-05 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:52 pm

MUP wrote:My wife always attends. I usually spring for some cast iron implements for her, and it pays off for me in the long run....and short run I suppose. ;)

Enjoy while you can. My wife has no problem with me and gun stores.

Whenever we drive past South Pittsburgh, she won't let me get out of the car...... :(
FTG-05
6 Point

Postby BuckWild » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:57 pm

I've got about 50 pieces of Lodge,most no notch or single notch from the 1910's to 1930's.

The new stuff is crap.

The Cornbread festival is the bomb. Everyone should go once.
BuckWild
12 Point

Return to TnDeer General Forum