• Advertisement

Researcher Says CWD May Infect Humans

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Researcher Says CWD May Infect Humans

Postby Bambi Buster » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:12 pm

"......While there have been no reported cases of CWD in people, Michael Osterholm, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, told lawmakers that the disease should be treated as a public health issue, claiming human cases of CWD will likely be “documented in the years ahead. It is probable that human cases of CWD associated with the consumption of contaminated meat will be documented in the years ahead. It is possible that number of human cases will be substantial and will not be isolated events,” he said, in part, according to the Twin Cities Pioneer Press. “If Stephen King could write an infectious disease novel, he would write about prions like this,” he added....."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/deadly-z ... 0v6HNAv3MU
"The American military is like a finely crafted sword. To be effective, it must be wielded by a discerning, skilled and merciless hand."
Bambi Buster
16 Point

Advertisement

Re: Researcher Says CWD May Infect Humans

Postby AT Hiker » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:17 pm

Fake news or not? Being that it’s Fox it must be Trump approved and for realz

There was a TN man that recently died from a prion disease. I meant to research it a bit and creep on social media to see if he was a hunter or not. Guess I need to dig it up and do some self investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AT Hiker
12 Point

Postby BULL MOOSE » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 pm

I’m afraid the deer we ate from Milan AAP and Henry County between 2013-2017 will prove to be tainted and cause future problems for my kids. Who knows...but I am willing to bet more is found.
BULL MOOSE
10 Point

Postby WTM » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 pm

lol they dont call him “bad news mike” for nothing. he has been predicting global epidemics for years. the key word he uses is “possible”. anything is possible. one key piece of evidence that predicts that it wont happen is since 1920 only 1% of acquired CJD (vCJD) has affected humans. the other 99% is sporadic or hereditary CJD, caused by genetic mutations inside the body. ive read the research of the folks that had been tested in the UK and that died all had a common genetic defect in which infectious prions changed normal prions into infectious prions.

even with all forms of CJD added together in the US, 350 cases per year, its still 1 in 1 million.
WTM
12 Point

Postby Chaneylake » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:22 pm

Any disease, virus etc. given enough time can move into a living creature. Think about it

Never say never
Don't piss down my back and tell me its rain, Fletcher, Outlaw Josey Wales

Having you along is like losing 2 good men

You do not have permission to view the attached photos
Chaneylake
16 Point

Postby MUP » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:50 am

I suppose it "may", but so far, since the 60's I believe, it hasn't. Pretty good odds so far. ;)
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby FLTENNHUNTER1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:17 am

Obviously Democrats eat venison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
$22 Trillion National Debt: http://usdebtclock.org/
FLTENNHUNTER1
18 Point

Postby infoman jr. » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 am

Maybe that will at least put some priority on developing a kit that can test for CWD in the field.
infoman jr.
14 Point

Postby Crappie Luck » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:51 am

Don't eat deer brains
“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”- – John Adams
Crappie Luck
Non-Typical

Postby woodyard » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:06 am

I asked my doc about that this morn. He is a deer hunter and versed on cwd pretty good. He thought it would be a pretty big jump if it ever went to humans. He says body temperature has a big influence on these things and the differences in body temp between animals keeps most disease, viruses, etc from jumping species.he reminded me about how bird flu was going to be the end back in the day and it was a big fizzle.
woodyard
8 Point

Return to TnDeer General Forum