Tested my 15# red label out today

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
After going through all the compartments in my boat, throwing away the trash and organizing everything I had nothing else to do.
I took my newest rod & reel spooled with the brand new Seagar red label 15# test flurocarbon line on it to the local pond with a strike king red eye lipless crankbait on it to test it out.

Threw it and reeled it in for about 20 minutes.
One handed, two handed, short casts, long casts and everything in between.
Performed perfectly.

I am tickled.
After spooling the 15# on it I was kind of concerned because compared to my normal 10# test it was like HUGE.
Very nice and almost zero noticeable difference in casting distance.

All I lack is vacuuming out my boat and I will be ready to roll. :D

TNReb

Random... but a little while back we were discussing Red Label vs Invizx.

I spooled a spinning reels with 6lb Invizx last week before going to Dale Hollow. I was aggravated. It was twisting up all day. I yanked that stuff off the next day and put my braid back on it (plus fluoro leader). Money down the drain. I'll stick to baitcasters for fluoro, but glad it's working well for you.

Did you do anything different like put line conditioner on it or soak the spool in hot water? I wonder if it's because I was using such light line?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
The reel I tired out yesterday was a baitcaster.

I do, however, wet down a rag and get as much "reel magic" as I can on the line while putting the fluorocarbon on.
I do this with spinning and baitcasters.
I will say fluorocarbon works better off of a baitcaster than a spinning reel for me.

TN Larry

TNReb":ka1ciebl said:

I spooled a spinning reels with 6lb Invizx last week before going to Dale Hollow. I was aggravated. It was twisting up all day. I yanked that stuff off the next day and put my braid back on it (plus fluoro leader). Money down the drain. I'll stick to baitcasters for fluoro, but glad it's working well for you.

Did you do anything different like put line conditioner on it or soak the spool in hot water? I wonder if it's because I was using such light line?

I think the Red Label handles better on a spinning reel than Invisx. I do nothing special when spooling except for winding it on the right way. I use plain flouro for 6, 8, and 10 lb test. If going bigger on a spinning reel, I use braid with a leader.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
TN Larry":1dibj4er said:
TNReb":1dibj4er said:

I think the Red Label handles better on a spinning reel than Invisx. I do nothing special when spooling except for winding it on the right way. I use plain flouro for 6, 8, and 10 lb test. If going bigger on a spinning reel, I use braid with a leader.

I decided to stick with red label because it performs very well for me and it's about half the price of the Invisx.
It has it's cons but to me the pros outweigh them.
I use 6# on all my spinning reels.
I do use the "reel magic" on it all though.

Latest posts