CWD Buck Down

bowhunterfanatic

Well a season long quest has finally come to an end. I missed this deer in October with my bow. After that I let the good hunter in the family take over. He spent all year chasing this one buck. I think last night marked the 6th time my brother had laid eyes on this buck before he was finally able to seal the deal. I kid him all the time about being lucky but he absolutely put his time in and earned this one. I was super pumped for him to finally end this deer's story. All in all he was missed once with a rifle last year and once with a bow this year. Then he was seen 3 times during gun season without offering a shot opportunity. We taped him out last night at 145, which is about 10 inches smaller than we thought he'd go, but we know for certain based on trail camera pictures and sheds this deer was at least 5.5 if not 6.5 years old, so he would've been a trophy regardless of rack size.

darn2ten

That's a great buck, congrats. I must say, the thread title was a little confusing. I was expecting to see a buck with visible cwd symptoms.

Andy S.

Great buck, congrats to your brother. I'm pretty sure OP is calling it a CWD buck because it was killed during the extended season in the CWD Zone (McNairy County).

GRIT

bowhunterfanatic":2lkm46bz said:
GRIT":2lkm46bz said:
What makes you think it has CWD?

Sorry. Title was misleading. It's a McNairy County deer so we don't think he will test positive. Just wouldn't have killed him without the extended CWD season.

Didn't see McNairy County.
Congrats to your brother .Great buck

Latest posts