• Advertisement

After 5 1/2 weeks

Sports Talk for All Fans !

After 5 1/2 weeks

Postby wayne » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:54 pm

UGA is still without a DC. Maybe Smartt is hard to work with? Job stability in question? Not wanting to pay enough? What are some of the other excuses that could be thrown out there?
Schiano not qualified? Because I heard that "any school should feel lucky to have a coach of that calibre".
I guess hiring a DC quickly is different than hiring an OC.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
wayne
12 Point

Advertisement

Re: After 5 1/2 weeks

Postby tree_ghost » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:09 am

It’s definitely got me scratching my head that we have gone this long without any solid information being provided by Kirby on the filling of the DC position but no one in Dawg Nation seems concerned...lots of people think it has to do with the NFL still playing but I don’t know to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. And make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die.” Gen 27:3
tree_ghost
10 Point

Postby gator-n-buck » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 am

tree_ghost wrote:It’s definitely got me scratching my head that we have gone this long without any solid information being provided by Kirby on the filling of the DC position but no one in Dawg Nation seems concerned...lots of people think it has to do with the NFL still playing but I don’t know to be honest

Kirby just interviewed the DB coach at LSU and the decided stay at LSU.

http://www.southernminn.com/around_the_ ... a8d99.html
gator-n-buck
Non-Typical

Postby TreyB » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 am

Not a likeable coach to work for. He is trying to hard to be Saban. Coaches will put up with Saban and his ways bcse he produces rings. Kirby not so much...
UF owns TN #11
TreyB
14 Point

Postby Grandslam11 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:33 pm

TreyB wrote:Not a likeable coach to work for. He is trying to hard to be Saban. Coaches will put up with Saban and his ways bcse he produces rings. Kirby not so much...

This is my fear for Pruitt. Maybe he is easier to work for than I think. Time will tell.
Grandslam11
8 Point

Postby PillsburyDoughboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:59 pm

TreyB wrote:Not a likeable coach to work for. He is trying to hard to be Saban. Coaches will put up with Saban and his ways bcse he produces rings. Kirby not so much...

Georgia is a solid top 10 team . But that is about as far as I am willing to push it .

Tua and 26. No Problem!
PillsburyDoughboy
12 Point

Postby lungpuncher1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Grandslam11 wrote:

This is my fear for Pruitt. Maybe he is easier to work for than I think. Time will tell.
Rumor has it that Pruitt and Kirby aren't exactly buddies, more like enemies. So if that's true I bet they are completely different.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
lungpuncher1
8 Point

Postby TreyB » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm

I heard that years back... About both, especially when JP was at UGA.
UF owns TN #11
TreyB
14 Point

Postby wayne » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:29 am

Now UGA is having to compete with Alabama for potential candidates. What a mess.

wayne
12 Point

Postby gator-n-buck » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:17 am

All I know is if you are a dry erase board, you want to stay away from Pruitt's karate kick..... :rotf:
gator-n-buck
Non-Typical

Postby lungpuncher1 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:31 am

gator-n-buck wrote:All I know is.......................... :rotf:

You got that right.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
lungpuncher1
8 Point

Postby TreyB » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:57 am

Hearing Chizik is a name being thrown around for the DC position at Bama or UGA... Great recruiter but average coach.
UF owns TN #11
TreyB
14 Point

Postby cbhunter » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:59 am

gator-n-buck wrote:All I know is if you are a dry erase board, you want to stay away from Pruitt's karate kick..... :rotf:

That kick wouldn't get him out of a wet paper sack. I shake my head everytime I see it.
cbhunter
14 Point

Postby PillsburyDoughboy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:18 pm

wayne wrote:Now UGA is having to compete with Alabama for potential candidates. What a mess.

Well they are the best two Teams in the SEC by far .

No doubt they are going to be at the top of everyone’s hire list

Tua and 26. No Problem!
PillsburyDoughboy
12 Point

Postby TreyB » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:45 pm

PillsburyDoughboy wrote:
wayne wrote:Now UGA is having to compete with Alabama for potential candidates. What a mess.

Bama is the best in the SEC but UGA finished with 3 losses... Right? LSU and UF had 3 also... Polls have UF and UGA tied in one and UF ahead in the other. Soooooooo there is that :tu:
UF owns TN #11
TreyB
14 Point

Postby Bone Collector » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:45 pm

tree_ghost wrote:It’s definitely got me scratching my head that we have gone this long without any solid information being provided by Kirby on the filling of the DC position but no one in Dawg Nation seems concerned...lots of people think it has to do with the NFL still playing but I don’t know to be honest

I understand what you are saying and i was doing the same thing with TN's OC hire... and then it all worked out. Unfortunately not for GA, but he promoted from within so you are at least covered there. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. It is hard to know what is going on, because these guys are so close to the vest. I'm sure someone out there wants to coach at GA. He may be taking his time like JP did.
Semper Fi!
Bone Collector
16 Point

Postby PillsburyDoughboy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:56 am

TreyB wrote:
PillsburyDoughboy wrote:

Bama is the best in the SEC but UGA finished with 3 losses... Right? LSU and UF had 3 also... Polls have UF and UGA tied in one and UF ahead in the other. Soooooooo there is that :tu:

Yeah but if you ask anyone who the best second team in the SEC is they are going to tell u Georgia

Tua and 26. No Problem!
PillsburyDoughboy
12 Point

Postby tree_ghost » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:45 am

Bone Collector wrote:

I understand what you are saying and i was doing the same thing with TN's OC hire... and then it all worked out. Unfortunately not for GA, but he promoted from within so you are at least covered there. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. It is hard to know what is going on, because these guys are so close to the vest. I'm sure someone out there wants to coach at GA. He may be taking his time like JP did.

I actually really like Coley taking over as the new OC for a couple of reasons...

1. Fromm is dialed in on GA current offensive scheme. While Chaney was responsible for all the play calling and reads on plays he wasn’t the mastermind behind the entire system which

2. This means that Jake (as well as the other guys) are not going to have to learn an entirely new offense.

3. I believe Coley is more creative in giving playmakers the ability to get the ball in open space and will end up with more explosive plays this year than previous

4. Lastly I think that Coley and Fromm have a more synergistic relationship than he did with Chaney. And there is nothing besides intuition that leads me to this statement but Fromm is the kind of player that needs the confident reassuring hand of a coach that he fully trusts when he gets in that zone you better watch out cause Fromm is not a game manager he is an Elite quarterback...and I think that person is Coley

"Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. And make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die.” Gen 27:3
tree_ghost
10 Point

Postby TreyB » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:06 am

Well they did ask “anyone” meaning every coach and every AP writer that came up with those polls. Not unless you are meaning ask anyone on TNDeer. :rotf: :rotf:
UF owns TN #11
TreyB
14 Point

Postby EastTNHunter » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Well, Kirby hired a DB coach, and it is assumed that Schuman or Lanning (or both) will be promoted from within.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/bre ... n-db-coach
EastTNHunter
12 Point

Next

Return to Sports talk