• Advertisement

Stored Food

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Re: Stored Food

Postby Smo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:01 pm

I've still got my Y2K supplies I haven't used yet! :bash: lol
Smo
8 Point

Advertisement

Postby 7mm08 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 pm

TNRifleman wrote:
Snake wrote:Not very much maybe three months but let's get real if you have goods then be prepared to have to take a life ! Those who don't have or live only by government assistance will be banging on your doors and some will actually be breaking down the door .

The book “One Second After” gives a great picture of what would happen in the Us if something catastrophic cut off power/food supplies. It’s a really good read and makes you think. Stock up on cigarettes because they will be a major form of currency.

Jack Daniels. 50% MORTALITY from delirium tremors. No one dies from cigarette withdrawal. True facts
"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians" - George Mason(Father of the Bill of Rights)
7mm08
14 Point

Postby Big Ben » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Deer Assassin wrote:if i was to get hungry id shoot something in the back yard

not the horse in case the wife is reading

LOL DA I can do that also except I don't have to worry about a horse cause we don't have one. Did have about 25 turkeys in the yard this morning tho and several deer that hang around. Dozens of squirrels also.
Big Ben
12 Point

Postby Smo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:17 pm

Nothing like living in Natures Grocery Store!
Smo
8 Point

Postby 7mm08 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Just how long do you think you guys could “ shoot something in the backyard “. No population of deer, rabbits etc is going to last too long with the entire population out hunting too for food ?

There is estimated on 72-96 hour food supply if it shuts down TODAY. It’s going to get ugly quick is all I’m saying.
"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians" - George Mason(Father of the Bill of Rights)
7mm08
14 Point

Postby MUP » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:38 am

7mm08 wrote:Just how long do you think you guys could “ shoot something in the backyard “. No population of deer, rabbits etc is going to last too long with the entire population out hunting too for food ?

There is estimated on 72-96 hour food supply if it shuts down TODAY. It’s going to get ugly quick is all I’m saying.

Depends on how many make it back from hunting each day, as to the availability of food later on. :? Depends on how big your backyard is maybe? I'm fortunate to have the whole side of the mtn in my back door, not saying there won't be competition, but it's a long mtn range. :)
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby rem270 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:59 am

I don't keep much at all stored away for emergencies.
Everyone should give Jesus a try once. If you don't like it Satan will always take you back.
rem270
Non-Typical

Postby Planking » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:48 pm

I dont keep it either. There would be alot of yards turned to gardens.
Planking
10 Point

Postby shane37110 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:35 pm

MUP wrote:
Depends on how many make it back from hunting each day, as to the availability of food later on. :? Depends on how big your backyard is maybe? I'm fortunate to have the whole side of the mtn in my back door, not saying there won't be competition, but it's a long mtn range. :)

So long pig is definitely a menu option :D
shane37110
6 Point

Postby jb3 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Probably the food with the longest shelf life we've got that does not need water such as rice would be a box of lucky charms. It does have a long shelf life.
jb3
12 Point

Previous

Return to TnDeer General Forum