• Advertisement

Latest gun crush......

Turkey Hunting Talk

Latest gun crush......

Postby Mackey » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:07 am

I’ve been thinking about getting a Henry single shot 20 ga and adding some type of red dot sight to it for a new turkey gun. Anybody on here ever done this? I really like the quality of Henry guns and I’m just wanting a single shot 20 gauge for a new challenge. I plan to shoot Federal TSS shells. Any thoughts?

Mackey
Mackey
Spike

Advertisement

Re: Latest gun crush......

Postby ROVERBOY » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:41 pm

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Like you said with good sights and so forth it should be good. Also the TSS shells are awesome. I've actually never tried them. I shoot Win. Longbeards.
" I've seen the Exorcists 167 times and it keeps gettin' funnier every time I see it."
Beetle Juice
ROVERBOY
6 Point

Postby Southern Sportsman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Mackey wrote:I’ve been thinking about getting a Henry single shot 20 ga and adding some type of red dot sight to it for a new turkey gun. Anybody on here ever done this? I really like the quality of Henry guns and I’m just wanting a single shot 20 gauge for a new challenge. I plan to shoot Federal TSS shells. Any thoughts?

Mackey

Check out GobblerNation.com forum. Unbelievable amout of small gauge turkey gun and TSS knowledge there. But I’ve never seen a 20 gauge that couldn’t be a good turkey gun with the right TSS load.
Southern Sportsman
8 Point

Postby Mackey » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:47 pm

SS, thank you for gobblernation.com. GREAT website!

Mackey
Mackey
Spike

Postby Southern Sportsman » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:36 pm

Mackey wrote:SS, thank you for gobblernation.com. GREAT website!

Glad to help. But be warned, if you hang around there too much, you’ll end up spending a lot of money. Rockhound on here pointed me to GN years ago. If my wife knew him, she’d never forgive him.
Southern Sportsman
8 Point

Postby hillbillyfab » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:57 pm

It's not a Henry, but I just brought home a Stevens single shot 20. It's a model 301 with removable choke. I'm not sure what I'm going to put on top of it just yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll do with the new turkey loads and chokes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
hillbillyfab
6 Point

Postby ROVERBOY » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:06 pm

Some type of fiber optics would be nice. And it would help keep the weight down. Does it have a rib?
" I've seen the Exorcists 167 times and it keeps gettin' funnier every time I see it."
Beetle Juice
ROVERBOY
6 Point

Postby bloodtrailing » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:42 pm

20 gauge and lead loads will be a challenge. 20 gauge and TSS is just wanting less recoil.
bloodtrailing
4 Point

Postby Southern Sportsman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:30 pm

ROVERBOY wrote:Some type of fiber optics would be nice. And it would help keep the weight down. Does it have a rib?

I was anti scope/sight on a turkey gun for a long time. And there is no question that you can kill turkeys with a plain ol’ bead. But the burris and vortex red dots are really nice for a choked down turkey gun. I now have one on my 12 and .410 turkey guns and love them.
Southern Sportsman
8 Point

Postby hillbillyfab » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:02 pm

ROVERBOY wrote:Some type of fiber optics would be nice. And it would help keep the weight down. Does it have a rib?
No rib, just a bead.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
hillbillyfab
6 Point

Postby Rockhound » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Southern Sportsman wrote:
Mackey wrote:SS, thank you for gobblernation.com. GREAT website!

Glad to help. But be warned, if you hang around there too much, you’ll end up spending a lot of money. Rockhound on here pointed me to GN years ago. If my wife knew him, she’d never forgive him.

:lol: please dont point me out, I'm still trying to talk mine down.
Rockhound
10 Point

Return to Long Beards & Spurs