• Advertisement

Crazy California

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Crazy California

Postby TNTreeman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:50 pm

We just had my wife's friend and son in from California for a visit. Great kid but dang those folks are weird . Took them out to eat and literally she (mom)quizzed the poor waiter about the bread and what type wheat, type of oil used to fry, and what type of filtration was used for the water. My wife was washing dishes and her friend just couldn't believe how much water we wasted. She was never rude but I feel like I've had a tumor removed once they left. I took the boy out back to shoot some Hillary posters and Kim Jong un and he wanted me to video him. His mom said it was ok but he couldn't post bc he could get expelled from school for shooting guns. We were shooting other targets also not just the posters ( they were just to be funny). Can't believe he could get in trouble for simply target practicing across the country during his summer break.
TNTreeman
4 Point

Advertisement

Re: Crazy California

Postby Wildcat » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:22 am

In a lot of areas across the country those kids can get expelled if they ever make the shape of a gun with their thumb and first finger in school.
When a United States Congressman gets up and walks out of the House when the American people in the House Gallery chats USA, USA, then you know who hates America.
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Postby Matador » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:22 am

Yeah I can see it now. He will post that video of you and him shooting Hillary and it will go viral you will get all kind of attention. Lol
Matador
12 Point

Postby MickThompson » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:35 am

TNTreeman is about to get a visit from the black Tahoes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MickThompson
8 Point

Postby RUGER » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:41 am

It is a different world for sure.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Pffft forget that, I'm going fishin'
RUGER
Non-Typical

Postby Stu » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:14 am

I was stationed in CA once and vowed never to go back. Had a friend move there for work and didnt last a year b4 he ran back east. Im glad you had time to teach him about guns. You may have saved him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Stu
4 Point

Postby Andy S. » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:22 am

TNTreeman wrote:.....but dang those folks are weird.
Based on your description, I would say your assessment is spot on. Unfortunately for most of the kids that grow up in that environment, they become a victim of their raising.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.
Andy S.
16 Point

Postby Allen Sullivan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:58 am

I wished it was like it was in the late 60’s everyone got along. Didn’t have to look your doors at night slept with the windows up. Now you sleep with a gun next to you and alarm and cameras in the house. Everyone shot guns back then no one thought anything of it.

Allen Sullivan
12 Point

Postby TNTreeman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:17 am

We mostly shot regular targets and cheap soda cans after we shook them up to watch them spew. He loved it. We went over gun safety, I showed him how to load it, and went over why we shot wear we did with a good backstop. I let him help me put on a scope and showed him different calibers. He told me how much sense everything I said made regarding politics and conservatism. He sent my wife and I a thank you card the other day and ended it with saying how he loved being in Tn and not "commie California " . My mission was a success .
TNTreeman
4 Point

Postby catman529 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:27 am

TNTreeman wrote:We mostly shot regular targets and cheap soda cans after we shook them up to watch them spew. He loved it. We went over gun safety, I showed him how to load it, and went over why we shot wear we did with a good backstop. I let him help me put on a scope and showed him different calibers. He told me how much sense everything I said made regarding politics and conservatism. He sent my wife and I a thank you card the other day and ended it with saying how he loved being in Tn and not "commie California " . My mission was a success .
that's awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
catman529
Non-Typical

Postby CATCHDAWG » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:55 am

Glad you could be a good influence, sounds like the boy had a great time! I’m a HVAC guy and meet a lot of different people. You’d be surprised at how many Californians are retiring to here in s.e. Tn to get away from that lifestyle and politics. It’s almost as if they are becoming the new Floridians.
CATCHDAWG
12 Point

Postby TNTreeman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:36 pm

In my business I meet them from all areas too. There are jerks from the south , east, west and north. I'm born and raised here and don't mind anyone coming here as long as they don't bring their rudeness, crime, etc and try to change it like where they came from. I'm into local politics and California , Michigan , Ohio , and Fla are the number ones moving here in that order. No prob as long as you appreciate what we have and not try to change it like where you fled from. Prime example is the guy in my area running for a congressional seat just moved here from LOs Angeles for a good place to raise his kids and yet is a total lib and is running on Cali policies. He's in the low level tv business and was proud how protesters stood around the square with signs about the confederate statues being racist and being "triggers" for some people. Makes me want to puke.
TNTreeman
4 Point

Postby Deer Assassin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:33 am

Commie cali for sure

Land of fruits and nuts.
If you can't hang 'em on the wall
Hang 'em in your teeth
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Postby ImThere » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:26 am

It sounds like she was just weird. Sorry IMHO. I moved here from Ca. The water is x10 times better here than anything out of any faucet in Ca that taste like chlorine! I have never heard of any kids getting kicked out of school for going out and target shooting. All my nephews, nieces and cousins have made it back to school just fine. My brother takes his kids shooting every weekend and has pictures with them shooting is almost AR15.

Rule # 10 Never be more than 5 shots away from a reload, cover or a long gun
ImThere
12 Point

Postby TNTreeman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:42 pm

Only going by what I was told by the boy and his mother. The dad actually teaches there. Who knows? I told some family members about it and they %100 confirmed a private school in Nashville made my nephew visit the headmaster when he and his other uncle went to a shooting range and posted pics on Facey Tweet. Headmaster browbeat him and said there were many better ways to spend his time than that. BTW his uncle is in the Marine corps and my nephew is joining the Airforce. Liberal Academia.
TNTreeman
4 Point

Postby rem270 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 am

Wish we could take a sharp knife and make California a free floating island and not part of the U.S.
Everyone should give Jesus a try once. If you don't like it Satan will always take you back.
rem270
Non-Typical

Postby 280longshot » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:42 am

I was also from California and agree with Imthere.

Of course I'm from Northern part where everyone owns a gun, hunts, fishes just like here in Tn.

There's some fine blacktail hunting, pig and turkey hunting paradise.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
HMM-161, HMM-364
280longshot
10 Point

Return to TnDeer General Forum