Speedometer out

7mm08

So my 2015 Yamaha 150h speed doesn't register anymore. About 3 wk ago it was half of my GPS Speed. I looked it up, you tubed it, and ran a wire pipe cleaner brush into it for a little ways just in case there was mud or a dirt dobber in it. Got any quick fixes before I run it over to my mechanic. The rest of the instruments on the panel run fine . Figured it was some LA mud still in there from getting in skinny water looking for reds with SCN back in the early spring

Pilchard

I'm confused. Where did you try to clean?

In all of the boats I've owned, the speed gauge was always off. It was always a guage issue, not anything to do with the outboard. Even on high end custom boats that cost an arm and a leg. I never cared what they read. Always just used my GPS if I wanted an accurate number.

The only gauge I cared to see was my rpms... the newer outboards have sensors and alarms for everything else.

double browtine

Some have a hole on the front of the lower unit, and some use the plastic type mounted to the back of the boat. I am pretty sure a hose runs to the Speedo. I bet you could disconnect the hose from the back of the Speedo and blow it out with compressed air. I would not use more than 20-30 lbs of air though.

Latest posts