• Advertisement

Window A/C problem

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Window A/C problem

Postby Wildcat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:12 pm

I have a small window A/C in my shed and for some reason it drips water INSIDE the shed. I have cleaned it out and the so called drain hole is OUTSIDE right next to the window but about 1/2 inch from the outside wall. The hole is clean and DRY. I ever put a pan under the front inside the shed and in 3 hours there was enough water to fill a 8 oz glass half full of water. The A/C is about 7 years old,

In the very back where the fan is the bottom is full of water and the fan blades kick water out the vents around the fan. That and the front of the A/C is the only places the A/C drains.

This has happen the last 2 years. I take the whole thing out and clean it out with the water hose really good ALL OVER and after it dries I put it back in the window. It works fine for about a month then drains inside.

Any ideas??? Do I need to get a new window A/C??
When a United States Congressman gets up and walks out of the House when the American people in the House Gallery chats USA, USA, then you know who hates America.
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Advertisement

Re: Window A/C problem

Postby ImThere » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:15 pm

The back should be lower than the front so it drains out. It sound like it’s level or slight tilted inwardly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule # 10 Never be more than 5 shots away from a reload, cover or a long gun
ImThere
12 Point

Postby dralarms » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Every window unit I’ve bought in the last few years has the same problem. I get a stepper bit and drill a hold in the unit right below the fan blades. Gotta be careful but it is easy to do
dralarms
10 Point

Postby Wildcat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 pm

ImThere wrote:The back should be lower than the front so it drains out. It sound like it’s level or slight tilted inwardly

Sorry but it's tilted a lot in the back, the outside back is much lower than the front inside the building. The middle is dry, the back has water but the front drains water too. It's driving me nuts.
When a United States Congressman gets up and walks out of the House when the American people in the House Gallery chats USA, USA, then you know who hates America.
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Postby ImThere » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:54 am

Dang. I thought that was it. When I put ours in upstairs this summer I installed mine wrong and it poured water into the floor I tilted it back. And problem solved.

Rule # 10 Never be more than 5 shots away from a reload, cover or a long gun
ImThere
12 Point

Postby FLTENNHUNTER1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:39 am

Does it drain properly when you shut the unit off? I'm thinking dirty evaporator coil.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
$21 Trillion National Debt: http://usdebtclock.org/
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Return to TnDeer General Forum