• Advertisement

Screwed over at work

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Re: Screwed over at work

Postby Deer Assassin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:13 pm

it is for the best

you may not think so but it will be ok

sure it pisses you off it would me to
If you can't hang 'em on the wall
Hang 'em in your teeth
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Advertisement

Postby southernhunter » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:41 pm

PickettSFHunter wrote:Happens everywhere I think. It’s especially bad in government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and union halls !!!
Baptized in Jesus name !
southernhunter
10 Point

Postby Pilchard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 pm

My unsolicited advice- zoom out and take the emotion out of it. I’ve had the opportunity to promote many people and also been “overlooked” myself. I stand by every decision I made because it was the right call to make at the time. Anytime multiple people interview for the same role, someone will be upset. This time it was you. Next time it will be someone else.

Qualifications are not everything. Traits, behaviors, leadership abilities, attitude, corporate stewardship, etc. all play a role in the hiring process.
Pilchard
4 Point

Postby Jon54 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Having just retired from a 40 year career. My advice is keep putting one foot in front of the other. We’re only promised the pursuit of happiness, but know this, only you can make you happy.

I’d gather my witts about myself, and approach your superiors and ask what you can do to move up. Try to stay calm and positive. I’ll say a prayer for peace, guidance and understanding.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions
Jon54
8 Point

Previous

Return to TnDeer General Forum