back from the dead

mr.big

I been debating on posting this or not but screw it here goes ,,

I have had trouble with my right shoulder,arm ,neck and headaches for a long time and been getting a lot of pain killers and nerve pills from the Dr for longer than I want to admit,,long enough that I couldnt quit takin them and function,

July 14th I broke down and just stopped everything cold turkey,,by July 20th I was admitted to the hospital in a medical detox center,,by July 27th I was in Oxford ,Ms. rehab center for 32 days until release on Aug 28th..I been home 2 weeks now and just starting to get to where I feel like doing anything that I dont absolutely have to,,,
the first 10 days I thought I might actually die and the second 10 days I didnt give a crap if I did,,it was really good my wife stayed by me the whole time until I got to the hospital or I am not sure what would have happened as I was in some kind of cloud that I cant remember what did happen,,
I am doing the 25 trips to an IOP now and plan on doing whatever I need to to not have to go through that crap coming down again,,,

I posted this here as the guns forum has been kinda my home here for the past 17 years or so,,I really fell great now and got my 6PPC out this morning for the first time since I got home and man I cant wait to get to a match and shoot without the blurred vision and slow reaction times I been fighting the last pretty good while,,

20 shots from today without any kind of drug for 57 days,,,shot the 2nd dot first from cold clean bbl then 3rd and 4th and the 1st dot was last,,,,I think my concentration may be coming back!!

mr.big

CBU93":28hwyidn said:
Dadgum Eric....had no idea. I do know that you will kick that ******.

If I had of known, I would've come and visited :D

Not good, but great shooting too!

believe me Oxford in July and August will sweat some crap out of a person,,,,I lost about 25 pounds....but I had been sittin around stoned for so long I was gettin a little heavy,

280longshot

I can relate somewhat, fighting an addiction myself brother
My gastro doctor prescribed me librax 3 yrs ago and little did I know how it wrecks your nervous system.
I've been tapering for over a year and almost finished.
The good lord willing I'll be off this poison soon.

Stay strong Eric,

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mr.big

280longshot":o6q80auy said:
I can relate somewhat, fighting an addiction myself brother
My gastro doctor prescribed me librax 3 yrs ago and little did I know how it wrecks your nervous system.
I've been tapering for over a year and almost finished.
The good lord willing I'll be off this poison soon.

Stay strong Eric,

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I probably should have tapered off the crap I was taking but I don't have the patience..the Doc at rehab said I was lucky not to had a seizure or some crap from stopping cold like I did ..

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

jlanecr500

Doctors prescribe medicines without thinking or letting the patient know of their long-term effects. I've taken a lot of different meds in my battle with Lyme disease and have learned the hard way to research meds before taking them. I've got a friend who broke his back over 25 years ago. He has to sleep in a recliner. The docs got him hooked on meds that messed him up for years after he stopped them. I feel for you and admire your facing the situation straight-on. It sounds like you are out of the woods and ready to enjoy life again. Have a good season and that's some good shooting to carry to the next match. Good luck.

SAWDUST

dang glad u got some help and realized u had a problem. i could write a book on what i have learned about painkiller drugs..i still say they are 2 types of drug addicts...the ones that just say screw it.i wanna be high..then the ones that get hooked unknowingly by just taking a few painkillers that a doctor prescribes.
Im gonna say there will probably be a day that comes when u think u need to just take one....but DONT.......unless u absulutely have to..
it takes a strong person to admit they have that problem. and you did.. keep it up.
And no matter how much u like your doc......go find another one....he KNEW. what he was doing..
Now go shoot some more...You will get a better HIGH from those targets like you just posted than any pain killer.

farmin68

Good shooting.

There are countless people whose lives are being controlled and destroyed by prescription meds. Unfortunately, I know a few of them and it's sad to see how being 'under the care of a medical professional' has changed their lives. I'm glad you realized there was a problem and chose to kick it out of your life.

Hunter 257W

But if you really were hurting bad enough to take all that medicine in the 1st place then you still have the pain to deal with don't you?? I've always thought it a bit unfair to accuse people who take a lot of pain medicine as if they are equal to drug junkies. They wouldn't take it if they didn't have a real problem. Don't see how you can just stop the medicine and will the pain to go away.

mr.big

Hunter 257W":15ubrbgm said:
But if you really were hurting bad enough to take all that medicine in the 1st place then you still have the pain to deal with don't you?? I've always thought it a bit unfair to accuse people who take a lot of pain medicine as if they are equal to drug junkies. They wouldn't take it if they didn't have a real problem. Don't see how you can just stop the medicine and will the pain to go away.
It's a thin line...and even if a person does really need it they can still be addicted and when they get addicted it can be very hard for them to determine where the line actually is.
An addicted brain can cause a body enough pain to make it think it needs the drugs if it does or not..
I never believed that before but it's the truth

Having said that I would never judge anyone that says they need them..I would only advise them to be honest with themselves about it.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

280longshot

Opioid addiction is just like Eric is saying , the drugs change your brain chemistry thus the addiction.

Benzos addiction is very similar but it takes years to taper and around 6-12 months to completely heal from the damage to the nervous system. I know this cause my gastro doctor prescribed a benzo for me called librax. The list of benzos that people are more familiar with are Xanax, Ativan, Valium to name a few. Please educate yourself with these drugs and don't ever take a benzo because they are poison.

Hunter 257W

Guess I can understand how that could happen to somebody. Thankfully I've never had that kind of pain. Glad you were able to see what was happening and take steps to get back in control of your health.

Latest posts