• Advertisement

Crossbow on Midway

Share the killer deals you find here.
Forum rules
Do not post any LINKS or CONTACT information for any product that is in competition with ANY tndeer sponsor.

Link or contact information will be removed immediately.
Second "offense" thread will be deleted.
Third "offense" account will be deactivated.

Remove or mark "expired" after deal is over

Crossbow on Midway

Postby ruger7mag » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:34 pm

I don't own this crossbow, but it seems like a pretty good deal. Use code FREESHIP910 for free shipping

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021677855
ruger7mag
8 Point

Advertisement

Re: Crossbow on Midway

Postby JeepKuntry » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:49 am

That's a smoking deal. One reason compound manufacturers are hurting. Decent equipment for a fraction of the price.
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Postby 74MOPAR » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Anyone have any experience with this model. Seems pretty decent for the money. I have zero experience with a crossbow.
74MOPAR
8 Point

Postby cbhunter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:19 pm

74MOPAR wrote:Anyone have any experience with this model. Seems pretty decent for the money. I have zero experience with a crossbow.
if it is similar to the center point sniper 370 then it’s a very nice set up for the price point. Love my sniper. Arrows that come with it are junk and the trigger on mine leaves a lot to be desired but extremely accurate with better arrows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cbhunter
14 Point

Postby brass magnet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:44 am

I ordered one Tue. Can't see a downside. Next step up is like $800.00 :super:
half of one six dozen of the other
brass magnet
8 Point

Postby megalomaniac » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:46 pm

I ordered one for my son for his birthday. We put it together last night and shot it today. By the 3rd shot, bolts were stacking in the bullseye at 30 yards.

He actually wants go go archery hunting with it later in October down here. I have no doubt it will be more than adequate for any big game he wants to chase.

I am NOT a crossbow expert, have only shot one other crossbow (a wicked ridge), but I greatly prefer this crossbow to the wicked ridge. Its quieter, lighter, more compact, and seems a little faster. Quality of construction seems good. The optical quality of the scope is junk, but adjustments seemed to work fine, and the hash marks on the vertical reticle work fine for drops out to 30 yards. We will shoot it out to 40 and 50 yards when the mosquitoes aren't as thick. My 14 yo son is able to cock the bow without difficulty with the included pull rope.

I dont think there is a better deal out there for a quality crossbow that I've seen. I'd be sick if I paid $1000 for a competitor's crossbow.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
megalomaniac
14 Point

Postby Urban_Hunter » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:18 am

Good to hear! I got to handle one Monday and ordered one Tuesday. My daughter (7 years old) wants to hunt so bad but is very recoil sensitive. This bow having the AR style adjustable stock sold me. It seems much nicer than my Barnett Wildcat I had a few years ago
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure
Urban_Hunter
12 Point

Postby Urban_Hunter » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:03 pm

Still on sale, still free shipping. Bow feels great, shoots a tight group. Hash marks on scope are not standard yardage indicators. Had the bow a couple weeks, killed our first deer with it today. Pass through and buried itself into a log. Extremely satisfied with this package. We even used the bolts that came with it.
Urban_Hunter
12 Point

Postby cbhunter » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:27 am

Urban_Hunter wrote:Still on sale, still free shipping. Bow feels great, shoots a tight group. Hash marks on scope are not standard yardage indicators. Had the bow a couple weeks, killed our first deer with it today. Pass through and buried itself into a log. Extremely satisfied with this package. We even used the bolts that came with it.

CenterPoint puts out some great products and excellent price points. I tried talking myself out of buying mine 4 years ago but the more I researched, the more praise I found for them. You can read reviews until your blue in the face and you wont find many complaints for them at all. As I said before, trigger is the only downside I have found and it can easily be overcome, just takes some getting used to

How is the trigger on this model? CP has probably improved them since I bought mine.
cbhunter
14 Point

Postby megalomaniac » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:45 pm

trigger is not good.... at least 1/4 inch of creep with inconsistent pressure during the pull. Would be a deal breaker on a rifle with shots over 100 yards. Not a problem at all with bow range shots.
megalomaniac
14 Point

Postby cbhunter » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:00 pm

megalomaniac wrote:trigger is not good.... at least 1/4 inch of creep with inconsistent pressure during the pull. Would be a deal breaker on a rifle with shots over 100 yards. Not a problem at all with bow range shots.

There was a guy on archerytalk selling kits to upgrade the trigger a couple years ago. However, it does void the warranty if you use it. Thought about it but I don't shoot nor hunt with it as much as I planned so I never did the upgrade.
cbhunter
14 Point

Postby 74MOPAR » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:38 pm

So the factory scope is no good?
74MOPAR
8 Point

Postby megalomaniac » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:00 pm

The scope is usable, adjustments work, and holds zero. The optics/ quality of the glass of the scope is not good, but usable. We are not going to replace it on Ethan's crossbow.
megalomaniac
14 Point

Postby Urban_Hunter » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:03 am

74MOPAR wrote:So the factory scope is no good?

I mentioned the scope because it is mentioned in the reviews elsewhere that the reticle is marked for 20-30-40-50 yard increments. It does have marks, but they are not 10 yard increments. It works great once you know the yardages. It tracked fine for me.
Urban_Hunter
12 Point

Return to Deals to be had