• Advertisement

Tripod stand idea

Do it yourself projects and how to's...

Tripod stand idea

Postby The Original Spike » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:58 pm

Anyone ever built a frame to attach to the platform of a tripod platform out of PVC? I am thinking of making one and putting a roof and walls on one. Was just wondering if anyone here had tried it.
The Original Spike
Button

Advertisement

Re: Tripod stand idea

Postby cbhunter » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:30 pm

Did it back in the day. Used roofing rubber for the sides and top. Worked great but I’m not sure how close I was to the weight limit. I was prob ok but that rubber ain’t real light. Didn’t have closed windows or anything of that nature, just for concealment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cbhunter
14 Point

Postby Mike Belt » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:51 am

How big is the platform? A friend got a quad pod and the platform was big enough to put his ground bling on top of it. We made a frame out of PVC pipe just to help secure the blind on the sides and top. It works well.
Mike Belt
Non-Typical

Postby The Original Spike » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:34 am

Mike that is exactly what I am wanting to do.
The Original Spike
Button

Postby LY » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:44 pm

We did some buddy stands using conduit, bought a bender and it's pretty easy. When we had to attach two pieces together we tapped down the end, drilled some holes and used some small nuts & bolts with washers. Worked great. We also did the same thing to some ladder stands and raised the factory rests of some others that were too low for adult sized people.

My uncle took an old doghouse blind and just sat it on top of one of his tripods years ago. Never hunted it but he seemed to like it.
LY
6 Point

Postby Mike Belt » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:31 am

We just made a PVC frame based on the dimensions of the outside of the blind that was mounted on top of the platform. For the roof support we connected the side frame corners with PVC T's and took 2 PVC pieces that fit into those T's arching them to fit on the inside roof dimensions of the blind.
Mike Belt
Non-Typical

Return to Do It Yourself / Tips & Tricks