• Advertisement

Rhino lining a vehicle

Hotrod, mud buggy, whatever. Talk about them here.

Rhino lining a vehicle

Postby PickettSFHunter » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Anyone ever “rhino line” a complete vehicle? If so could you explain your process and show me the product you used? I see some roll on and some spray. Bought a 96 Tahoe with low low miles but the clear coat is coming off so I’m wanting to do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PickettSFHunter
16 Point

Advertisement

Re: Rhino lining a vehicle

Postby Happysack » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:35 pm

I've never rhino lined a complete vehicle but I did the inside floor pan and the underneath of my jeep wrangler as well as the floor and decks in my bass tracker.I scuffed the surface with coarse sand paper then cleaned the surface very well and rolled on the liner. Jeep still looks great after 12 years just did the boat last year but so far so good
Happysack
Spike

Postby Gravey » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Not sure if you’re wanting to do it yourself or have it done but I checked with LineX about doing my 12’ trailer and it was gonna be around $1000 so it wouldn’t be cheap to do an entire vehicle. I checked into one of the Herculiner kits you do yourself and the reviews were mixed. Will probably try it at some point. A buddy of mine used to own a LineX place and he did the rocker panel on one side to show customers what it would look like.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Gravey
Non-Typical

Postby BlackPlott » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:50 pm

I’ve seen it done on some woods trucks. Seems to fade pretty quick if left out in the sun all the time.
If you do decide to do it, take happysack’s advice, sand the whole thing with sand paper or it will
flake off after a while.
BlackPlott
Button

Return to Vehicle talk