• Advertisement

Oh the joy of DEF.

Hotrod, mud buggy, whatever. Talk about them here.

Oh the joy of DEF.

Postby UT-longbeard » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:19 pm

DEF fluid quality light came on in the duramax yesterday causing the truck to go into limp mode. Dealer called and said water was in the fluid. $500 plus tax to drop tank, drain fluid, flush system and refill. Pain in the rear end.
UT-longbeard
Button
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:41 pm
Location: Pegram, TN

Advertisement

Re: Oh the joy of DEF.

Postby dr » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm

UT-longbeard wrote:DEF fluid quality light came on in the duramax yesterday causing the truck to go into limp mode. Dealer called and said water was in the fluid. $500 plus tax to drop tank, drain fluid, flush system and refill. Pain in the rear end.

Delete that crap...
The Forest was shrinking, But the trees kept voting for the Axe, because it's handle was made of wood. And, they thought it was one of them.
dr
12 Point
 
Posts: 6736
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:00 pm
Location: USA

Re: Oh the joy of DEF.

Postby Mattt » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:44 pm

I have read that people buy and return def to Walmart filled with water. I’ve had different issues so I only use blue def from a sealed container. The truck stop def pumps are filled with contaminants I won’t buy it at the pump either
Mattt
6 Point
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:15 pm
Location: Cleveland/Dayton tn

Re: Oh the joy of DEF.

Postby BULL MOOSE » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Def sensor in my wife’s Mercedes went bad so I now have a yellow check engine litigant on that will just stay on. I probably ruined it by running it so low. I now keep it full with fresh product. Smells great!
BULL MOOSE
10 Point
 
Posts: 4576
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 1999 12:00 pm
Location: 38468

Re: Oh the joy of DEF.

Postby Gravey » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:50 pm

My 06 F250 doesn’t require that crap and I’ve been contemplating a newer one or the Nissan Titan XD but all now have the DEF required. I hate it. Sorry about your luck.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
User avatar
Gravey
Non-Typical
 
Posts: 27532
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Christiana (Rutherford County)

Re: Oh the joy of DEF.

Postby mike243 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:56 am

My son deleted it on his 1/2 ton dodge, gets better mileage also, he is getting 25 running 70+ on the big roads
I'm Just a Spike/button Hunter, I will shoot a Trophy if 1 comes by but will settle for what the Lord provides/trophy's are in the eyes of the hunter not their neighbors
mike243
16 Point
 
Posts: 15335
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: east tn

Re: Oh the joy of DEF.

Postby Uncle Jesse » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Gravey wrote:My 06 F250 doesn’t require that crap and I’ve been contemplating a newer one or the Nissan Titan XD but all now have the DEF required. I hate it. Sorry about your luck.


Nissan dropped the diesel option for 2020
Uncle Jesse
6 Point
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:34 am
Location: Estill Springs

Re: Oh the joy of DEF.

Postby Gravey » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Uncle Jesse wrote:
Gravey wrote:My 06 F250 doesn’t require that crap and I’ve been contemplating a newer one or the Nissan Titan XD but all now have the DEF required. I hate it. Sorry about your luck.


Nissan dropped the diesel option for 2020

Yep that’s correct but pretty sure Cummins dropped them. I was looking at 18’s or 19’s but hanging on to mine a while longer.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
User avatar
Gravey
Non-Typical
 
Posts: 27532
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Christiana (Rutherford County)


Return to Vehicle talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests