• Advertisement

North East Kentucky 2019 Deer Lease

Forum for spreading of information regarding hunting leases.

North East Kentucky 2019 Deer Lease

Postby bigbonner » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:30 pm

I have 200 acres to lease in North East KY, Zone 2 for 20 days of deer season for 3 hunters.
Zip Code to look up my area is 40360
I have never leased my farm before and I have owned it since 1993. Health problems and bad crops is why I am leasing .
Asking $5000 That is $1666 per hunter
Days can be taken anytime you want totaling 20 days per hunter party of three for 2019 deer season
NO other hunters will hunt at anytime during 2019 deer season . Your spot will be un hunted when you are not hunting.
This is my farm that I live on the front corner and you can easily find me if needed. We can help with deer loading and retrieval.
Fair chase hunting with over 1000+ acres of vacant farmland that goes almost all the way around my farm. Only a few of those owners hunt that property.
4 Acres of Soybeans in the front with plenty of tender grass that I see deer in all the time.
You can lease it and have it all to yourself or have two of your friends pitch in on this lease.
You must furnish liability insurance .
You must abide by KY Fish and Wildlife hunting rules .
I have no lodging but there is hotels around 12 miles away and plenty of places to eat. If you have a camper then I have light electric and city water available and a place to park it.
I don't have any stands in place but you can put them up anywhere you want and cut trees and limbs that you need to. If I start leasing I may build a few stands in the future . I always hunted from the ground.
I do run cattle , 35 head on this 200+ acre farm and another 275 beside (475 total) my farm that I own a small interest in. I could add more hunters and talk the others into leasing that out with a little extra money for their part.
You can and I suggest that you come and ride my farm with me and I will gladly show you around and the best spot to hunt.
You will need a ATV to be able to get to the best places quick. It is 1 mile plus to the back part.
There is no poisonous snakes , bears or hogs in my area.
Light easy to walk hills with open ridges and plenty of wood for deer. Trails for riding ATV to the places to hunt.
Lease for 2020 will be offered to the 2019 lease first and given the first chance to lease .
I will be offering a 2020 next spring Turkey lease and I am plagued with turkeys eating at my corn silage pile.
I have a couple of Youtube videos if interested shoot me a email and I will send a link to those video's .
If you have questions , just ask.
My email is bigbonnerb@yahoo.com
bigbonner
4 Point

Advertisement

Re: North East Kentucky 2019 Deer Lease

Postby Rackseeker » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:46 pm

Why for just 20 days and not the whole season ?
Tough people last, Tough times don't and Life goes on.............
Rackseeker
12 Point

Postby bigbonner » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Rackseeker wrote:Why for just 20 days and not the whole season ?

I just don't want to put too much pressure on Deer hunting . 20 days is negotiable I would gladly discuss arrangements.
But I think most hunters coming a fair distance that 20 days would be more than most may want .
Hunters can take them anytime they want and not have to worry about others hunting in their spot .
Some hunters work and can only take off on weekends or a week off from work . Hunters can come and hunt on their free days off work and not worry about other hunters that have already hunted the place and may be sitting in their spot when they have free time to hunt.
bigbonner
4 Point

Postby Rackseeker » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:56 pm

If you dont mind send me a private message with your address, so I can look at the aerial view of the property. Also do you have any pics of any bucks that has been taken off of the property. Thanks
Tough people last, Tough times don't and Life goes on.............
Rackseeker
12 Point

Postby bigbonner » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:15 pm

Rackseeker wrote:If you dont mind send me a private message with your address, so I can look at the aerial view of the property. Also do you have any pics of any bucks that has been taken off of the property. Thanks

I will send a PM with information.
bigbonner
4 Point

Postby bigbonner » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:55 am

Rackseeker wrote:If you dont mind send me a private message with your address, so I can look at the aerial view of the property. Also do you have any pics of any bucks that has been taken off of the property. Thanks

Here is a picture my son took last night and sent it to me through my wifes facebook . I will post a better picture when I get it copied over to my computer
There was four buck and they all look about the same. Picture was taken above a soybean field on my farm and close to my house.

These are just a couple from the past years and my son in the picture
bigbonner
4 Point

Postby letsgohunting » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:09 pm

I’m interested in the turkey lease. Could you give me some info on the details of the guidelines/price. Thanks
Is it turkey season yet........
letsgohunting
4 Point

Postby bigbonner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:06 am

letsgohunting wrote:I’m interested in the turkey lease. Could you give me some info on the details of the guidelines/price. Thanks

I have not thought about how to price Turkey hunting yet .
I may include a week of spring turkey season with my deer lease if someone leases for deer season .
I have the turkey from miles around , They spend the winter here picking up corn from silage that falls off when I take it up to feed my cows ( Normal farming practices) or they just come and eat straight out of my silage bed. Turkeys are everywhere , I mean hundreds at a time . They are in my driveway , yard and fields at times. Gobblers will be in one bunch and hens in another . I saw two bearded hens in the bunch last year and One white hen.

Does anyone have any Idea how to price turkey hunting?
bigbonner
4 Point

Postby letsgohunting » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:17 am

Yea, it would probably be like pay for 3 day hunt since I’m so far away. I just don’t think leasing it for the whole season would be right for me.
Is it turkey season yet........
letsgohunting
4 Point

Postby bigbonner » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:43 am

letsgohunting wrote:Yea, it would probably be like pay for 3 day hunt since I’m so far away. I just don’t think leasing it for the whole season would be right for me.

Spring is a long ways off and I will have to do some thinking on prices.

I have never leased my farm before . The reason I am trying to lease now is family health problems has set me back finically and bad crop years . I use to have burley contracts and big tobacco has quit signing contracts and left farmers here to buy their tobacco from other countries.
bigbonner
4 Point

Return to Hunting lease information