• Advertisement

What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Talk about getting and staying healthy

Re: What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Postby jb3 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:17 am

Something like 48 miles in 24 hours....anyone game?

Fontana to Newfound Gap?
jb3
12 Point
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Burns, TN

Advertisement

Re: What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Postby Dodge Man » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:19 am

jb3 wrote:Something like 48 miles in 24 hours....anyone game?

Fontana to Newfound Gap?


I would be interested in something like that. I have been wanting to do a 24hr run. But a hike would be ok with a few other people.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dodge Man
12 Point
 
Posts: 6891
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Dyersburg, TN

Re: What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Postby pastorbmp » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:40 pm

Well...i been too busy to post,but been keeping up with my regiment:

15-20 miles per week running.
200 pushups daily
80 situps daily.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
pastorbmp
14 Point
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: East TN

Re: What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Postby Dodge Man » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:06 pm

Image

Finished another 25K this weekend. I didn’t push super hard and made it through with no major cramps like I normally get.
I have been running some hill repeats 1000 ft over 4 miles or so. Also tried our some Hammer Nutrition race supplements. I think it all helped, I was able to finish at a nice comfortable run.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dodge Man
12 Point
 
Posts: 6891
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Dyersburg, TN

Re: What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Postby AT Hiker » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Dodge Man wrote:
jb3 wrote:Something like 48 miles in 24 hours....anyone game?

Fontana to Newfound Gap?


I would be interested in something like that. I have been wanting to do a 24hr run. But a hike would be ok with a few other people.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I’d like to make it happen. That climb out of Fontana is pretty taxing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
AT Hiker
14 Point
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Clarksville, Tennessee

Re: What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Postby pastorbmp » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:31 pm

100 situps, 200 pushups, 5 miles@ 9:36 per. A little slow today.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
pastorbmp
14 Point
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: East TN

Re: What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Postby pastorbmp » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 pm

100 situps, 4 miles @ 8:39 per, 200 pushups. Weight holding steady for probably 9 months now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
pastorbmp
14 Point
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: East TN

Re: What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Postby bobbuck » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Dodge Man wrote:Image

Finished another 25K this weekend. I didn’t push super hard and made it through with no major cramps like I normally get.
I have been running some hill repeats 1000 ft over 4 miles or so. Also tried our some Hammer Nutrition race supplements. I think it all helped, I was able to finish at a nice comfortable run.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That is impressive! I’m in the best shape I have been in my 50 years, but no way I could or would do that. I have a friend in CO that is 54 I think and he did a 100k a couple months ago in those mountains! He did a 100 mile race a few years ago! Nuts to me but I get it, all about how far you can push yourself.
bobbuck
4 Point
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:03 pm
Location: StThomas, VI

Previous

Return to Nutrition and fitness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests