• Advertisement

Low carb guys

Talk about getting and staying healthy

Low carb guys

Postby RobbyW » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:51 am

I have been doing low carbs for a 3 years now. I was very hardcore (20-30 a day) for a year and lost 60lbs. Since then I’ll get lazy and notice the scale going up and then focus on it again. I am still 50lbs down from my highest weight.

Sometimes when I plateau I noticed if I eat carbs one day it kind of jumps starts my weight loss again. Has anyone else noticed this?
RobbyW
8 Point

Advertisement

Re: Low carb guys

Postby pastorbmp » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:51 am

RobbyW wrote:I have been doing low carbs for a 3 years now. I was very hardcore (20-30 a day) for a year and lost 60lbs. Since then I’ll get lazy and notice the scale going up and then focus on it again. I am still 50lbs down from my highest weight.

Sometimes when I plateau I noticed if I eat carbs one day it kind of jumps starts my weight loss again. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have lost weight on low carb diet in the past - and yes, I did notice sometimes a big carb day would seem to jar my body back into weight losing mode. Hope the low carb approach works for you over the long haul. I could lose weight on it - but, found it incredibly difficult to maintain using it. But, everyone is different. Good job losing it and getting back on track before you gained it all back.
pastorbmp
14 Point

Postby huntinkev » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:41 am

I did a no carb..or very low carb I guess a few years back. I lost 25lb in about 4 months. I would eat no carbs for 12 days and then take a "break" for 2 days. The cycles I didn't load up on carbs on my 2 day break, I didn't lose as much over my next 12 days. It seemed like the carbs every 12 days really jump started the weight loss.

This was a few years ago and unfortunately I've gained all of it back plus some. I'm need to do something, I hate to keep doing the yo yo thing, lose weight gain it back.
huntinkev
10 Point

Postby Kilby » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:14 pm

Try cutting out only simple carbs so you don’t deprive yourself from the good complex carbs
Kilby
4 Point

Postby RUGER » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:41 pm

I am 7 months into it now.
I am down 40 pounds since the first of the year.
I have noticed that as well, I stay right at or less than 10 carbs per day and then I will splurge and have like a medium chocolate shake or a cheeseburger with the bun or something like that and then I will loose a couple pounds the next week.
I am at yet another plateau and I did eat quite a few carbs last weekend so we will see.

Been trying to get back in the gym but just absolutely cannot make myself make time for it. Just too much going on.
Pffft forget that, I'm going fishin'
RUGER
Non-Typical

Postby cbhunter » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:54 pm

What the heck do you eat to to stay under 10 carbs a day??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cbhunter
14 Point

Postby RUGER » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:18 pm

cbhunter wrote:What the heck do you eat to to stay under 10 carbs a day??

Bacon, eggs, sausage, cheese, squash, zucchini, green beans, asparagas and onions mostly.
Pork rinds and propel.
Pffft forget that, I'm going fishin'
RUGER
Non-Typical

Postby JCDEERMAN » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:23 pm

RUGER wrote:
cbhunter wrote:What the heck do you eat to to stay under 10 carbs a day??

Bacon, eggs, sausage, cheese, squash, zucchini, green beans, asparagas and onions mostly.
Pork rinds and propel.

Hamburger steak, steak, grilled or blackened chicken, grilled or blackened fish, cauliflower (veggies get tricky if you're really into it), powerade or gatorade zero.

There is a lot to eat, but you still crave things that are hard to resist: cookies, chips, ice cream, bread, noodles, rice. They make some really good bbq chips you can buy from GNC that are super low carb.

I have done it on and off, but now just try to keep all carbs and sugar to a minimum. I am basically really good during the week, then will cheat some on the weekends.
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Return to Nutrition and fitness