• Advertisement

What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Talk about getting and staying healthy

What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Postby AT Hiker » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:34 pm

Beat Buzzard Breath to it! Someone had to

I kicked off the New Year with a 81 hour bone broth fast and continuing with a couple weeks of “Keto”. My inflammation had gotten bad during the holidays. Booze and grandmas cooking got to me this year.
I’ve been transitioning into more of a endurance workout focus, trying to get my body fat lower. Mainly hiit routines with high volume resistant training.
I did a test on Jan 2 with a goal to crush these numbers. After a warmup I did 100 burpees in 12:28mins (I’m usually around 10 mins) followed by a mile “jog” of 9:08mins.

Spread the word and let’s get this topic active!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AT Hiker
12 Point

Advertisement

Re: What did you do today? 2019 Edition

Postby JeepKuntry » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:17 am

Yesterday I did 25 minutes on the elliptical, and weights for an hour or so. I started the keto diet the Monday after Thanksgiving. I'm down 15lbs. Got about 20lbs. more to go. I plan to phase keto out when I get around 5lbs. of my goal. Long term diet goal is protein/fats for breakfast, protein/carb/veg lunch, and protein/veg for dinner. Can't wait to have 1/2 baked potato or a bit of pasta.
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Postby Buzzard Breath » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:36 am

AT Hiker wrote:Beat Buzzard Breath to it! Someone had to

Lol. I was actually thinking about making a "How'd your 2018 go" thread. I'll just summarize mine here and continue on with 2019.

2018 went good and finished strong. I had a major slowdown during hunting season, like usual, but started hitting it hard again in December. Normally it takes me until after the holidays to get back on track.

For 2019, I plan on doing a few more trail races so my running will remain strong. I'd started doing some regular kettlebell workouts in Dec. I've gotten to enjoy these when any sort of lifting in the past has been really hard to maintain. I did slip while deer hunting in Ohio over the weekend. I ended up tweaking something in my wrist that I'll give a few days to heal. Hopefully I'll be drawing a Montana Breaks elk tag in a few years, so I've got to keep track of AT to make sure I'm in at least as good of shape as he is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Buzzard Breath
10 Point

Postby AT Hiker » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 am

Fantastic Jeep! I too will phase Keto out once I get my body fat close to what I want. I do so much better closer to 100 grams of carbs, I do a lot of high endurance training which is not the best for Keto.

Yesterday I was able to shave some time off my 100 count burpees and mile run.
12 hour fasted workout with a row machine warmup and and lap cool down.
100 burpees- 11:57mins
1 mile - 8:40 mins
These actually felt harder to do on Jan 2 but my times were better. I can feel the inflammation going away as I feel “lighter on my feet”.

AT Hiker
12 Point

Postby ImThere » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:13 am

I’m trying to get back in it. I have had 3 days off since Dec 10th working 12-18 hr days.
I have gained some weight back. When I get tired I eat carbs to keep going. At this point I’m mentally and physically exhausted.
I went to the gym at lunch jogged ran for 15 and did a full body work out on the machines. I will continue to do this for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully when I get out of this work campaign I can go back to morning work outs and start eating right. I do struggle with losing weight to fast and I want to do a more controlled weight lose this time. My eating needs to change but it won’t be as drastic as before.
I done one triathlon last year. I plan on 3 Triathlons this year. Granted they are short ones but it’s a start.
I’m down from 228 and been holding in the 180’s. I would like to be in the mid 160’s if I can do it without looking sickly by April.

Good luck this year. I will try to keep up

Rule # 10 Never be more than 5 shots away from a reload, cover or a long gun
ImThere
14 Point

Postby Buzzard Breath » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:34 am

I did breakfast today. Actually, this is pretty much what I eat every morning. I'll pre-make all the sausage for the week and just throw it in the microwave for 20 seconds. Frying eggs just takes a couple minutes and if that too long, I'll just soft boil a couple while getting ready. Image

Buzzard Breath
10 Point

Postby JeepKuntry » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:04 pm

Keto diet continues. Walked around 2 miles already. I may do a slow jog tonight on the treadmill depending on schedule. Tomorrow is gym day.
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Postby AT Hiker » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:55 pm

For time; 55lb barbell thrusters (5x), 40lb kb swings (5x), 10 pushups, 3 pulls ups...5 rounds for time=6:06mins, I almost shaved 2 mins off my last time recorded on Jan 7. It’s truly amazing how inflammation can set you back.

AT Hiker
12 Point

Postby pastorbmp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 am

Yesterday I did 5 miles at just a pinch over 10 minutes a mile (wind and cold slowed me down a bit), also did 60 pushups (two sets of 30). I had about 1200 calories. Today I am planning on a 3 mile run and 60 more pushups.
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

https://easttennesseewhitetailhunting.wordpress.com/

http://www.fbcwartburg.com
pastorbmp
12 Point

Postby Buzzard Breath » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 pm

pastorbmp wrote:.....wind and cold slowed me down a bit....

My times always drop off a bit in the winter. Part of it may just be that I hate (HATE!!!!) cold weather. I consider it doing good just getting out in winter.

Buzzard Breath
10 Point

Postby pastorbmp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Buzzard Breath wrote:
pastorbmp wrote:.....wind and cold slowed me down a bit....

My times always drop off a bit in the winter. Part of it may just be that I hate (HATE!!!!) cold weather. I consider it doing good just getting out in winter.

I don't mind cold too bad..I mean above 35 or so. But, I run on shoulder of 5 lane highway...when wind is blowing, it is like a wind tunnel. :)

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

pastorbmp
12 Point

Postby Buzzard Breath » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:50 am

Not a bad week. I spent the first part of it deer hunting out of state. Got home late Tuesday night and was out running again on Wednesday. I've decided to add day burpees to my routine. I'm doing however many burpees as the day of the month. Today will be 12 burpees. I also did my first trail run since October 3. It was a good run. Saw tons of squirrels, 2 does, and heard a bunch of different turkeys gobbling. Ended the week with 11.75 miles run.Image

Buzzard Breath
10 Point

Postby pastorbmp » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Did 3.5 miles today - under 10 minutes per. That's a total 15.5 miles for the week. I will do 60 pushups before days over. Staying at around 1200 calories per day...very little sugar and starches. I've went from around 240 at my biggest ...weighed today...down to 178. Going for 170 or 175 before I get on a maintaining plan. Haven't decided yet on final weight. Depends on how I feel and my running.

pastorbmp
12 Point

Postby JeepKuntry » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:42 am

2.5 miles on the elliptical. Full body workout. Weigh in tomorrow.
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Postby AT Hiker » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:00 pm

In addition to some high volume full body weights I did a HIiT routine of 250 meters max effort row followed by 5 burpees. 5 rounds for a time of 8:53 mins. This was 24 hours fasted.

So far things are going good. I feel so much better drastically reducing sugar and alcohol. Sleep has finally evened out as well.

AT Hiker
12 Point

Postby pastorbmp » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:47 pm

5.5 miles...10 min 15 sec per today (cold and windy). First time to make it past 5 miles. 60 pushups. About 1300 calories today. Done eating for the day.

pastorbmp
12 Point

Postby Ed B » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:46 am

Ugh, I fell off the wagon this past fall pretty bad but slowly getting back into it.

Just started a 5 week challenge yesterday with a coworker that involves no dairy, no sugar and no grain plus exercise. Part of the challenge involved getting an body composition scan, so should be interesting to see what changes can be made in that time frame.
Ed B
4 Point

Postby AT Hiker » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:54 am

Ed B wrote:Ugh, I fell off the wagon this past fall pretty bad but slowly getting back into it.

Just started a 5 week challenge yesterday with a coworker that involves no dairy, no sugar and no grain plus exercise. Part of the challenge involved getting an body composition scan, so should be interesting to see what changes can be made in that time frame.

You must keep us posted! I can assure you in 5 weeks you will feel a difference but will be interesting if your visceral fat can have a measurable difference in that time frame.

AT Hiker
12 Point

Postby Ed B » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:04 pm

AT Hiker wrote:
Ed B wrote:Ugh, I fell off the wagon this past fall pretty bad but slowly getting back into it.

You must keep us posted! I can assure you in 5 weeks you will feel a difference but will be interesting if your visceral fat can have a measurable difference in that time frame.

I'm pretty interested as well and plan to be somewhat strict, it's a daily point system so technically "cheat" days are allowed. My visceral fat was bad (rating of 20) and has me concerned but also not shocked, I have always struggle with a gut. I'm cutting out all alcohol as well so putting the bourbon on hold for the moment.
Ed B
4 Point

Postby JeepKuntry » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Still on keto, down 1.4lbs. from the previous week. Started at 234.6 Monday after Thanksgiving. Now 218.2. Everything that went into my mouth was little to no carbs. Kind of disappointed in the results. But today is gym day. Already walked a couple miles in the office. Tonight I'll do 2 more miles on the elliptical and another full body workout.
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Next

Return to Nutrition and fitness