• Advertisement

CAUTION Roundup ready

Lets grow some stuff.

CAUTION Roundup ready

Postby barkscraper » Sat May 23, 2020 10:59 am

I seen an article about the decline of our deer population being connected to the use of roundup in this article it talked about roundup being stored in the muscle of the deer and the problems it could cause eating this meat. I stopped years ago using roundup went with using rye grain and oats with my primary food plot but I might be careful using roundup if my family were going to eat the meat. This is just a food for thought so don't flip out just something to think about. REMEMBER We are from the government and we are here to help.
barkscraper
4 Point

Advertisement

Re: CAUTION Roundup ready

Postby Andy S. » Sat May 23, 2020 2:35 pm

What article? Link to it?
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.
Andy S.
16 Point

Postby Carlos » Sat May 23, 2020 3:41 pm

There's also speculation with the same product, and a possiblity that it's affecting the Turkeys.

Not to mention the honeybees.

Buy, hey it's new and easier, though right?
Carlos
6 Point

Postby MickThompson » Sat May 23, 2020 3:47 pm

There’s lots of speculation around glyphosate, period. There may be a little truth in it somewhere but seems like there’s a whole lot of hysteria. What’s the alternative? It’s pretty darn important in modern agriculture.
MickThompson
10 Point

Postby TX300mag » Sun May 24, 2020 7:19 am

Glyphosate is an antibiotic. There’s a plausible theory that it’s use is contributing to antibiotic resistance since it’s so prevalent today.

It’s also an anti microbial, essentially killing living microbes in the soil. There is an increasing number of farmers who have gone roundup free and are reaping the benefits of healthier soil and increased profits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TX300mag
16 Point

Postby barkscraper » Thu May 28, 2020 9:13 am

Been planting food plots for a while now and the hardest thing for me was to get over the weeds in my plots. But a twra officer came by my farm and we talked about the weeds in my clover and I changed. I plant my fall plots with plenty of oats and rye with clover and radishes then when I plant my Laredo soybeans in the summer I found I have a small weed problem that I ignore till I disc under in the fall I let the rye and oats do my weed killing and its not perfect but I don't feed my family all the weed killers and I don't need roundup ready soybeans the Laredo does fine as long as you plant more than 4 acres here anything less then it dont matter what kind you plant We just need to remember whatever you spray you are eating and your family
barkscraper
4 Point

Postby JCDEERMAN » Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 am

barkscraper wrote:Been planting food plots for a while now and the hardest thing for me was to get over the weeds in my plots. But a twra officer came by my farm and we talked about the weeds in my clover and I changed. I plant my fall plots with plenty of oats and rye with clover and radishes then when I plant my Laredo soybeans in the summer I found I have a small weed problem that I ignore till I disc under in the fall I let the rye and oats do my weed killing and its not perfect but I don't feed my family all the weed killers and I don't need roundup ready soybeans the Laredo does fine as long as you plant more than 4 acres here anything less then it dont matter what kind you plant We just need to remember whatever you spray you are eating and your family

How much do those run a bag? Where do you get them? This is my first year planting soybeans. I looked these up and they look much smaller than what I planted 2 weeks ago.
JCDEERMAN
16 Point

Postby barkscraper » Thu May 28, 2020 4:05 pm

Yea your right about the seed being small I only plant 50lb per acre and I think 49.00 per bag at the farmers co-op they are a forage soybean that performs really good
barkscraper
4 Point

Return to Food Plots