• Advertisement

New Food Plot progress....*updated.....again*

Quality deer management thoughts. The first QDM forum on the internet Est. 1999

Re: New Food Plot progress....*updated*

Postby JCDEERMAN » Sun May 03, 2020 9:53 am

:super:

Yours will be sprouted before I get mine in the ground. I’m aiming for 5/16 and hope weather cooperates. We will be spraying our wheat/clover/brassica mixture, then drilling soybeans right through it the next day. I’m interested in how your non RR beans and peas suppresses the weeds (since you can’t spray)
JCDEERMAN
16 Point

Advertisement

Re: New Food Plot progress....*updated*

Postby DoubleRidge » Sun May 03, 2020 12:22 pm

One end of one plot did have some grass encroaching so I went ahead and hit it with some glysophate....but hoping with both new plots previously being timber maybe the weeds won't be too bad....time will tell I guess.....hoping our area gets the forecasted rain this evening....just hoping its not a washout.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
DoubleRidge
6 Point

Re: New Food Plot progress....*updated.....again*

Postby DoubleRidge » Sun May 17, 2020 5:19 pm

Went this afternoon to check on beans and peas.....couldn't get to plot-2 due to a tree being down across road from recent storm and I didn't have the chainsaw with me.....but plot-1 is coming along good. Was glad to see the frost didn't get them.....these were planted 15 days ago......and so far the deer hadn't wiped them out....hoping they will leave them alone until they get up.
Attachments
IMG_20200517_120023943~2.jpg
IMG_20200517_120023943~2.jpg (148.19 KiB) Viewed 134 times
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
DoubleRidge
6 Point

Previous

Return to Quality Deer Management