Buckshot for yotes

LanceS4803

Atchman2":126go2i8 said:
Last year i killed two with turkey,thig 3 inch #4 shot [emoji16]

I don't change a thing from my normal turkey setup.
Mossberg 835
Sumtoy choke
Burris FastFire III
and the above mentioned Winchester ammo

Wildcat

Atchman2":1l2evjji said:
Im using the turkey choke that came with my turkey thug shotgun.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

If the Hornady's pattern good for you then great, keep using them.

The Hornady BB's are made with a different than a normal shot wad. They are made to be used in Improved Cyl or Modifed Choke. I have tried thenm in 2 different Imp Cyl and 2 Mod chokes, 2 turkey chokes and ever tried my "Carlsonm's Dead Coyote Choke" and none of them ever worked any good. Guess some people have better luck with theit set up.

My very best set up is 3 1/2 Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote Shot "T" using Carlsonm's Dead Coyote Choke. I have great patterns at 40, 50 and ever 60 yards but try never to use it past 50. I've taken dozens of coyotes night hunting with it here in KY. But I cannot use that size shot in LBL until Feb but then they allow certerfire rifles that month.

I bought some new Winchester Varmint X BB shot but have not had a chance to pattern them yet. If I can get them to work in one of my chokes then that is what I'll use in LBL.

TN Song Dog

Wildcat":3uektsev said:
Atchman2":3uektsev said:
Im using the turkey choke that came with my turkey thug shotgun.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

If the Hornady's pattern good for you then great, keep using them.

The Hornady BB's are made with a different than a normal shot wad. They are made to be used in Improved Cyl or Modifed Choke. I have tried thenm in 2 different Imp Cyl and 2 Mod chokes, 2 turkey chokes and ever tried my "Carlsonm's Dead Coyote Choke" and none of them ever worked any good. Guess some people have better luck with theit set up.

My very best set up is 3 1/2 Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote Shot "T" using Carlsonm's Dead Coyote Choke. I have great patterns at 40, 50 and ever 60 yards but try never to use it past 50. I've taken dozens of coyotes night hunting with it here in KY. But I cannot use that size shot in LBL until Feb but then they allow certerfire rifles that month.

I bought some new Winchester Varmint X BB shot but have not had a chance to pattern them yet. If I can get them to work in one of my chokes then that is what I'll use in LBL.
I got a bunch of that varmint-x BB on sale last year, and it's made using the same shot-lock method as the Longbeard XR. Not had a chance to pattern it yet, but hoping it's good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wildcat

Here's an update.

The Winchester Varmint X 12 ga 3 inch BB shot and with my turkey choke that came with my gun it shoots GREAT out to 60 yards. That's as far as I want to try. The BB is for LBL since that's the LARGEST they will allow except for the month of Feb I do NOT plan to use it past 50 yards, not with BB.

So now I have a BB load for LBL and the Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote "T" shot for the KY farms for night hunting.

Latest posts