Need some help from Missouri hunters

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Doing some research for an article and I need some help.
The way I understand this is, if there is NOT a purple barrel on the edge of or entry to a piece of property you can snowgoose hunt there without even asking permission.

Wondering if this applies to all hunting, all waterfowl hunting, or just "light" goose hunting.

I have tried to contact the Wildlife office with no luck.

I am just looking for this "law" written out on a website or something else?

A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

TimberMan

Maybe you can find some information on it, but I have never been able to find anything on the Missouri conservation website, hunting guide, or internet search. People talk about it and it may be an unwritten rule. It has always worried me because unwritten rules turn into written tickets.

Dodge Man

I think purple means posted but I don't think unposted is fair game and just automatically you can hunt it. We have always tried to get permission if it anywhere near houses. If it is out in the middle of nowhere and you are just jump shooting you can probably shoot and be gone before anyone sees you.[emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodge Man

http://agebb.missouri.edu/aglaw/aglaw9.htm

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sport ... 653497001/

Landowners can still use "No Trespassing" signs, however the Purple Paint Statute allows landowners to mark trees or posts with purple paint as a warning to would-be trespassers. Just like a "No Trespassing" sign or actual communication to individuals that no trespassing is allowed, the purple paint marks are considered to be adequate notice to the public that no trespassing is allowed on the property.

It should be noted that land does not have to be posted for trespassing laws to be enforced. Trespassing on any private property, posted or not, is illegal. However, trespassing on posted property is a more serious offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westtnduckhtr

Ruger,

My farm in WTN, middle TN and the farm I hunt in AR have no purple barrels or painted trees.
But I can assure you that if you get caught there you are trespassing, I have people you can talk to that know :p

Latest posts