where are the ducks?

Dodge Man

e4f3c766fee691b90fc59b1ae24ae021.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Sportsman

Seems like every year there is a lull between the opening week and Christmas. Last few days have been dead everywhere I've heard of. Unless things improve tomorrow, I'll probably deer hunt this weekend.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
We stomped on them pretty good at gooch today.
Ended up with one gadwall Susie lol

I will say this, two different times we had groups of 15-20 greenheads
locked up and that #%*^# eagle cruised through and they hauled butt.
Ugggg I hate eagles lol

Bgoodman30

Typical mid December full moon mild weather suck. There are ducks around but it's going to be hit or miss until there is some decent weather and the night lights are turned off...

I'm heading over tomorrow but in no hurry to make the mornings hunt with clouds and no wind...

I imagine someday between now and Tuesday is going to be some good new duck action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Displaced_Vol

Bgoodman30":2ze3kedi said:
Typical mid December full moon mild weather suck. There are ducks around but it's going to be hit or miss until there is some decent weather and the night lights are turned off...

I'm heading over tomorrow but in no hurry to make the mornings hunt with clouds and no wind...

I imagine someday between now and Tuesday is going to be some good new duck action.

From your keyboard to the Duck Gods' ears!

Got out Tuesday here in SC KY. Saw a few but not quite the numbers I was hoping for-
Worked a pair, got the hen but whiffed on the drake. Should have had one or two more but that's the way that goes.

Displaced_Vol

Dodge Man":k5homda0 said:
Displaced_Vol":k5homda0 said:
Dodge Man":k5homda0 said:
e4f3c766fee691b90fc59b1ae24ae021.jpg

What app is that Dodge Man?

MyRadar Weather App

Thanks. I've already got 3 weather apps but I don't believe any have that specific kind of map. I'll check it out.
Tell them to send you a commission check.

Bgoodman30

Dakota's are froze and northern MO is about to get pretty hard this weekend with snow in the forecast.

Probably not the motherload but they're coming soon.. Hopefully we get some killing weather ourselves before too long ?

ShortMountain91

Came here to solve the mystery of where the ducks are and left with a great radar app. Hey I'll take it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Levee Jumper

There are lots of ducks on several of the refuges in Northwest TN. I hunted about 2 miles from a refuge for the last 4 days and did pretty well. We would go an hour or so without seeing a duck then we would have 100-300 just show up out of nowhere. I suppose they just get up and stretch their wings a time or two a day. Ultimately you would get one good volley out of all of them and they would go back to where they came from. I image they will get up to check out the fresh water in the fields if we get any substantial rain this weekend.

Bgoodman30

Levee Jumper":17cj0ifo said:
There are lots of ducks on several of the refuges in Northwest TN. I hunted about 2 miles from a refuge for the last 4 days and did pretty well. We would go an hour or so without seeing a duck then we would have 100-300 just show up out of nowhere. I suppose they just get up and stretch their wings a time or two a day. Ultimately you would get one good volley out of all of them and they would go back to where they came from. I image they will get up to check out the fresh water in the fields if we get any substantial rain this weekend.

Welp yesterday afternoon was ok. Saw plenty come off the refuge. Pretty slow this morning and this afternoon they gone..
Like they left last night..

Dodge Man

Bgoodman30":3aqirys4 said:
Levee Jumper":3aqirys4 said:

Welp yesterday afternoon was ok. Saw plenty come off the refuge. Pretty slow this morning and this afternoon they gone..

We didn't see much this morning because of heavy fog. But once it lifted I saw more ducks today then any other day this season. We had a good day after 10:30-11 this morning.

Bgoodman30

Dodge Man":8ck3dq5l said:
Bgoodman30":8ck3dq5l said:
Levee Jumper":8ck3dq5l said:

We didn't see much this morning because of heavy fog. But once it lifted I saw more ducks today then any other day this season. We had a good day after 10:30-11 this morning.

Wow nice! I guess that's where they went because we didn't see a duck after 11am and almost nothing going to roost. [emoji2371]