• Advertisement

Blind draw update

Lets talk DUX

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Levee Jumper wrote:I hope it’s public information on who has a card to each blind drawn. Name and Town would be preferred if people from across the state are going to try and get drawn. It’s rough hunting over 50 days a year being 2 miles from the boat ramp. Can’t image seriously considering it living 2-8 hours away.


I have never been to a drawing, and have also never hunted a public blind in west tn, but I live in Knoxville and have hunted 30+ days a year In the public woods of Arkansas every year for the last 5 years.

I actually hunt it more now than I did previously when I lived in west tn. Distance is all relative.
Roll Tide

A country boy can survive.
Kevin
8 Point
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Oak Ridge, TN

Advertisement

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Polarkraft » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Kevin wrote:
Levee Jumper wrote:I hope it’s public information on who has a card to each blind drawn. Name and Town would be preferred if people from across the state are going to try and get drawn. It’s rough hunting over 50 days a year being 2 miles from the boat ramp. Can’t image seriously considering it living 2-8 hours away.


I have never been to a drawing, and have also never hunted a public blind in west tn, but I live in Knoxville and have hunted 30+ days a year In the public woods of Arkansas every year for the last 5 years.

I actually hunt it more now than I did previously when I lived in west tn. Distance is all relative.
Hunting the woods in Arkansas doesn't equate here. Driving to hunt, alot of people will do. Driving to build and brush a blind in the heat is a different story.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Polarkraft
Button
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Dodge Man » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:14 pm

Polarkraft wrote:
Kevin wrote:
Levee Jumper wrote:I hope it’s public information on who has a card to each blind drawn. Name and Town would be preferred if people from across the state are going to try and get drawn. It’s rough hunting over 50 days a year being 2 miles from the boat ramp. Can’t image seriously considering it living 2-8 hours away.


I have never been to a drawing, and have also never hunted a public blind in west tn, but I live in Knoxville and have hunted 30+ days a year In the public woods of Arkansas every year for the last 5 years.

I actually hunt it more now than I did previously when I lived in west tn. Distance is all relative.
Hunting the woods in Arkansas doesn't equate here. Driving to hunt, alot of people will do. Driving to build and brush a blind in the heat is a different story.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Depending on where you put in for most of these places are totally different. Tigrett about half the blinds require using 2 separate boats to get to. You have to drive up a river that is so shallow you can not run a outboard half the year. Then crawl up a bank and get into a second boat you take in a leave to drive to the blind. Most of the blinds will need a new floor each season. Some roof work and lots of brush.

At Gooch most blind sites do not have blinds on them. People bring in floating blinds or trailer blinds each season and take them out.

At Reelfoot most locations have a blind but probably need repairs and brush.

I would hate to try to round up enough people to do all that work and drive 5+ hours with equipment, boats, lumber, brush.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dodge Man
12 Point
 
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Dyersburg, TN

Re: Blind draw update

Postby tickweed » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:55 pm

I just hope and pray this doesnt put more pressure on the boat hunting areas on the wmas. Its already way out of hand now.
tickweed
12 Point
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:29 pm
Location: medon,Tn.

Re: Blind draw update

Postby drake799 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 pm

I would hate to try to round up enough people to do all that work and drive 5+ hours with equipment, boats, lumber, brush.

And you’re sure not gonna get all that work done in a day lol. Maybe a handful of trips if you’re lucky lol.
drake799
4 Point
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Tn

Re: Blind draw update

Postby big 8s in Weakley county » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 pm

Hey if any of you east sides draw a good blind at reelfoot and only gonna hunt a couple days the guys I hunt with have a floating blind I’m sure we could work something out. But on a serious note it does take a lot of work and time to get a blind ready.
User avatar
big 8s in Weakley county
16 Point
 
Posts: 15109
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2001 1:00 pm
Location: South Fulton

Re: Blind draw update

Postby fireduck » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:38 am

Any news of Blind Conditions Report?
fireduck
Button
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:14 am
Location: TN - Tennessee

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Dodge Man » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:55 am

fireduck wrote:Any news of Blind Conditions Report?
Usually at the in person draw they will have a sheet saying blind conditions. Good, fair, poor or no blind. I assume when the computer entry goes live the form will have something similar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dodge Man
12 Point
 
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Dyersburg, TN

Re: Blind draw update

Postby fireduck » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:58 am

Thanks- That sounds good
fireduck
Button
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:14 am
Location: TN - Tennessee

Re: Blind draw update

Postby SKFOOTER » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:46 pm

No blind condition report for Gooch is listed.
SKFOOTER
10 Point
 
Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:41 pm
Location: HARDEMAN COUNTY

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Polarkraft » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:11 pm

I'm surprised at the number of rebuilds on hickory 1 and 2 this year

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Last edited by Polarkraft on Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polarkraft
Button
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Polarkraft » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:11 pm

I'm surprised at the number of rebuilds on hickory 1 and 2 this year.



Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Polarkraft
Button
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Blind draw update

Postby TNGunsmoke » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:01 pm

There was no condition listed for any at Camden either, at least none that I saw anywhere.
You can't fix stupid....
User avatar
TNGunsmoke
10 Point
 
Posts: 3855
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:39 pm
Location: Jackson,TN

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Levee Jumper » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:27 pm

IMO if you can’t manage to drive/walk/boat to a blind site in the next month that you want to occupy daily for two months this winter, you don’t have any business trying to draw it.
Levee Jumper
4 Point
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Blind draw update

Postby 'borohunter » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:37 pm

Doesn't TWRA ultimately decide what needs to be done with each blind? (i.e. condition).
'borohunter
6 Point
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:20 pm
Location: Murfreesboro

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Polarkraft » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:57 am

'borohunter wrote:Doesn't TWRA ultimately decide what needs to be done with each blind? (i.e. condition).
Those decisions have been made, my understanding is that blinds unfit for occupancy were burnt over the last week or so

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Polarkraft
Button
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Displaced_Vol » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:45 am

Levee Jumper wrote:IMO if you can’t manage to drive/walk/boat to a blind site in the next month that you want to occupy daily for two months this winter, you don’t have any business trying to draw it.


I don’t disagree with that, but some sort of quick reference cheat sheet would help at least give people a start. Right now I am studying up on about 3 places, and a sheet would probably help my process of elimination & then I could go put boots on the ground at a handful of blind sites as opposed to trying to see 50+ first hand.
Also, if some spots have blinds built and some have nothing, it would help alleviate some concerns if people knew what they were getting into and what they had the ability to get done before drawing.

As to the group vs solo deal I agree with those that think it’s going to lead to a lot of single cards. If I’ve got a group of 6 guys we’d all agree that we want the best chance to get a blind, which means 6 individual entries. My brother and I were trying to figure that out on the phone earlier this week. Doesn’t matter whose name is on it if you don’t get drawn, right?
Displaced_Vol
4 Point
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Polarkraft » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:22 am

Yea but if the buddy with a card cant go opening weekend, or any day for that matter you have no right to it.

I've had to kick people out of top 10 picks on opening day before. I have a feeling there will be a lot of pissed off guys when the card holder cant make it on a Saturday, and the blind is occupied when they get there

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Polarkraft
Button
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Blind draw update

Postby drake799 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:27 am

I hope everyone putting in as individual this year stops and thinks about that before they go trying to make a group of guys produce a card some
Morning when they’ve hopped a blind Everyone knows how this works. One guy doesn’t get it all done by himself . It’s a group effort This is just the hand we’ve been dealt Show some respect and don’t show up 2 hrs before sunrise and hop in someone else blind and be that way. You wouldn’t want it done to you guaranteed!!!!
drake799
4 Point
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Tn

Re: Blind draw update

Postby Polarkraft » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:38 am

drake799 wrote:I hope everyone putting in as individual this year stops and thinks about that before they go trying to make a group of guys produce a card some
Morning when they’ve hopped a blind Everyone knows how this works. One guy doesn’t get it all done by himself . It’s a group effort This is just the hand we’ve been dealt Show some respect and don’t show up 2 hrs before sunrise and hop in someone else blind and be that way. You wouldn’t want it done to you guaranteed!!!!
We disagree here, if you game the system by everyone putting in separate, you better be prepared for the system to game you. I'll 100% beat groups to a blind if I think the cardholder wont be there. I'm good with it the other way around too. Like you said. It's the hand we've been dealt, gotta play the game

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Polarkraft
Button
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to Waterfowl & Other Winged Interests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests