• Advertisement

Northbound Travelers

Lets talk DUX

Northbound Travelers

Postby Displaced_Vol » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:55 pm

It’s not unheard of for us to see birds traveling back north that we don’t see during season. Blue wings primarily. They’ve been hanging around in droves the last couple weeks. Really neat to see, and I always wonder why they don’t stop this way in September.
Displaced_Vol
4 Point

Advertisement

Re: Northbound Travelers

Postby Grnwing » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:37 pm

That's awesome, love watching a flock of teal bank around with the sun hitting their wings! Seems like the fall migration of blue wings is really hit or miss. Saturday maybe nothing and then Sunday they are pouring into the decoys.
Grnwing
4 Point

Postby Displaced_Vol » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 am

Yeah it was pretty neat. Couldn’t quite tell what they were from a distance at first and then one day I was driving down the road and they just exploded from a roadside pond and flew right beside my truck.
They were here for a couple weeks at least, but haven’t seen them in several days. We also had a grebe on a farm pond and that was the first one of those I’ve ever seen in my neck of the woods.

Seeing lots of mallards now. Thinking some of them may have nests close by
Displaced_Vol
4 Point

Postby Dodge Man » Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 am

We saw some Teal while fishing in the bottoms this past weekend. Also saw a few mallards, I saw 4 Black Bellied tree ducks fly by my house really low yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dodge Man
12 Point

Postby younggun308 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:34 pm

In March I saw pintails in Chickamauga. I was later told they’re unheard of during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
younggun308
Spike

Postby Displaced_Vol » Sat May 23, 2020 9:32 am

Got 6 mallard ducklings on the farm now. Hen & drake both hanging around with them.
Seeing a few adult sized geese too, and I know at least one pair tried to nest a couple times but haven’t seen little geese yet.
Displaced_Vol
4 Point

Return to Waterfowl & Other Winged Interests