• Advertisement

2019 Deficit to Exceed $1 Trillion

This forum is for political discussions. Please keep all discussions civil.

2019 Deficit to Exceed $1 Trillion

Postby Bambi Buster » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:03 pm

"The White House projects that the federal deficit will surpass $1 trillion this year, the only time in the nation's history the deficit has exceeded that level excluding the 4-year period following the Great Recession. "The 2019 deficit has been revised to a projected $1.0 trillion," the White House Office of Management and Budget wrote in its mid-year review. As a candidate, President Trump had promised to not only wipe out the deficit, but the entire federal debt, which has surpassed $22 trillion...…."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp
"The American military is like a finely crafted sword. To be effective, it must be wielded by a discerning, skilled and merciless hand."
Bambi Buster
16 Point

Advertisement

Re: 2019 Deficit to Exceed $1 Trillion

Postby PickettSFHunter » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:11 pm

It’s got to be those democrats doing this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PickettSFHunter
16 Point

Postby poorhunter » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:13 pm

The one thing that unifies Republicans and Democrats....voting to spend more of our money.
poorhunter
10 Point

Postby Bambi Buster » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:45 pm

poorhunter wrote:The one thing that unifies Republicans and Democrats....voting to spend more of our money.

^^^This^^^
"The American military is like a finely crafted sword. To be effective, it must be wielded by a discerning, skilled and merciless hand."
Bambi Buster
16 Point

Postby iowavf » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:52 pm

Been a lot of money needed for the weather handed to use the last couple years.
iowavf
12 Point

Postby Wildcat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:48 am

I used to worry about this and the debt. But The American PEOPLE showed me they didn't care about it at all in the last Govt shut down.

25% of the Govt was shut down for a "few weeks" and to a lot of people it was the end of the world, they said so on here and everywhere they were in the coffee houses, ball games, everywhere. Most of those were conservatives who happened to be working for the govt or jobs depended on the govt. If ever those are going to get pissed off that bad over just a few weeks closing there's no way what needs to be done to fix the mess will ever happen. The American PEOPLE will never allow it.
When a United States Congressman gets up and walks out of the House when the American people in the House Gallery chats USA, USA, then you know who hates America.
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Postby MUP » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:50 am

Yep, that dang "Donald". :roll:
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby TLRanger » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:13 am

When did the president start making the budget? I always thought congress did it.........
U. S. Marines - Taking out the trash for 144 years
3rdMarDiv-FMF PAC-Comm
TLRanger
8 Point

Postby Bone Collector » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:18 am

TLRanger wrote:When did the president start making the budget? I always thought congress did it.........

Yes but this is BB's chance to take as shot at the Donald, for promising to eliminate it. That was a stupid promise as he really has no control over it and like WC said, if folks get mad and act like it is the end of the world when the govt. shuts down for a few weeks, how will we ever make the cuts to the govt. that we need to make to erase the deficit and decrease the national debt????
Semper Fi!
Bone Collector
16 Point

Postby Bambi Buster » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Bone Collector wrote:
TLRanger wrote:When did the president start making the budget? I always thought congress did it.........

Yes but this is BB's chance to take as shot at the Donald, for promising to eliminate it. That was a stupid promise as he really has no control over it .......

Exactly.
Bambi Buster
16 Point

Postby bobbuck » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Wildcat wrote:I used to worry about this and the debt. But The American PEOPLE showed me they didn't care about it at all in the last Govt shut down.

25% of the Govt was shut down for a "few weeks" and to a lot of people it was the end of the world, they said so on here and everywhere they were in the coffee houses, ball games, everywhere. Most of those were conservatives who happened to be working for the govt or jobs depended on the govt. If ever those are going to get pissed off that bad over just a few weeks closing there's no way what needs to be done to fix the mess will ever happen. The American PEOPLE will never allow it.

So are you saying that the last shutdown was because someone/anyone was concerned with the deficit?
I’m pretty sure it was shutdown because the President wanted more money for the wall.

I do agree with you that it is concerning that people do not have an emergency fund, and they cannot cover a months bills.
bobbuck
4 Point

Postby Wildcat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:17 pm

Something wrong happened when I made a post here.
Last edited by Wildcat on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When a United States Congressman gets up and walks out of the House when the American people in the House Gallery chats USA, USA, then you know who hates America.
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Postby Wildcat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 pm

Do I did not. You need to read what I posted.

Look at the last govt shut down. 25% of the govt shut down for a few weeks and some people lost their minds.

To get the deficit AND the debt down where it needs to be we will have to close 50% of the govt for a few YEARS. The INTEREST on the national debt alone is already taking up a large part of the budget, in a few short years MORE THAN HALF the yearly budget. No way we can keep it up.

Seeing how much of a howl the American people put up over 25% of the govt being closed for just a few weeks shows that they will NEVER do what is required to bring them all down.

Understand this, "cutting back" means CLOSING certain parts of govt. It also means raising taxes ON EVERYBODY across the board. Companies WILL start cutting way back by firing people by the millions to pay the taxes.
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Postby bobbuck » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Wildcat wrote:Something wrong happened when I made a post here.

I would have to agree with you again! I would say that happens with a lot of your posts.
bobbuck
4 Point

Postby Bambi Buster » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 pm

bobbuck wrote:

I would have to agree with you again! I would say that happens with a lot of your posts.

:rotf:
Bambi Buster
16 Point

Postby Wildcat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:38 pm

bobbuck wrote:

The post there only put in half the post I wrote below it and I couldn't do anything about it.
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Postby chunkandwind » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:18 am

bobbuck wrote:

:lol:
Just a FYI, hot coffee through the nose doesn’t feel good.
"Peace,Love,Heavy Artillery."
chunkandwind
10 Point

Postby Bone Collector » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:55 pm

bobbuck wrote:

That was hilarious :lol: (seriously it was). That being said, I'd put your reading comprehension skills right up there with WC's posting skills.... :poke: :poke:
Semper Fi!
Bone Collector
16 Point

Postby bobbuck » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Bone Collector wrote:
bobbuck wrote:

That was hilarious :lol: (seriously it was). That being said, I'd put your reading comprehension skills right up there with WC's posting skills.... :poke: :poke:

I’ve been accused of being educated beyond my intelligence!
bobbuck
4 Point

Postby FLTENNHUNTER1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:23 am

Been saying it for years, the interest on our debt will consume us.

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Bullets Beans Bandaids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
$22 Trillion National Debt: http://usdebtclock.org/
FLTENNHUNTER1
18 Point

Next

Return to Political Discussion