• Advertisement

100 Miles of New Border Wall

This forum is for political discussions. Please keep all discussions civil.

Re: 100 Miles of New Border Wall

Postby TheLBLman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:37 am

Pic IN the Casa wrote:Add up free healthcare, free tuition, foodstamps, cost of building more schools, more teachers, more ESA classes, more cops, emt's, coroners fees, human trafficking, animal cruelty, and literally a plane load of dead citizens at the hands of illegals . . . .

Probably just scratching the surface of the costs of so many illegal aliens coming into our country.

How about the costs of many thought-to-be eradicated diseases being brought back by illegal aliens?
How about the costs of bed bugs, although it may be hard to put a "cost" on things causing discomfort and sleep loss?

Every thought about the total cost of raising a child from infancy to adulthood?

Every time another "anchor baby" is born in the U.S., the citizen taxpayer starts funding much the cost of raising another child?
TheLBLman
Non-Typical

Advertisement

Postby BMan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:41 am

TheLBLman wrote:
Pic IN the Casa wrote:Add up free healthcare, free tuition, foodstamps, cost of building more schools, more teachers, more ESA classes, more cops, emt's, coroners fees, human trafficking, animal cruelty, and literally a plane load of dead citizens at the hands of illegals . . . .

Probably just scratching the surface of the costs of so many illegal aliens coming into our country.

How about the costs of many thought-to-be eradicated diseases being brought back by illegal aliens?
How about the costs of bed bugs, although it may be hard to put a "cost" on things causing discomfort and sleep loss?

Every thought about the total cost of raising a child from infancy to adulthood?

Every time another "anchor baby" is born in the U.S., the citizen taxpayer starts funding much the cost of raising another child?

Don’t forget the taxpayer costs to support people who have lost their jobs to an illegal willing to work for less and off the books.
I'd rather be deplorable than despicable.
BMan
16 Point

Postby TheLBLman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:42 am

A wall or fences makes it harder for anyone to just walk across our border.
Nothing is 100%, but most of us reading this would be unable to get over the new border wall being built.

I had a good friend killed by an illegal alien.
The illegal alien had been deported twice previously,
but it was just easy for him to walk back across our southern border.

After he killed my friend, he just walked back across the border,
escaping all legal consequences.

I have no doubt that the wall is worth the cost.
TheLBLman
Non-Typical

Postby docpoco » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:19 am

TheLBLman wrote:A wall or fences makes it harder for anyone to just walk across our border.
Nothing is 100%, but most of us reading this would be unable to get over the new border wall being built.

I had a good friend killed by an illegal alien.
The illegal alien had been deported twice previously,
but it was just easy for him to walk back across our southern border.

After he killed my friend, he just walked back across the border,
escaping all legal consequences.

I have no doubt that the wall is worth the cost.

Sorry about your friend. People tend to make a lot of generalities about situations like this, but its complicated. Just listening to some of the Presidents statements on this, there are a couple of issues right up front:

About 40% of current illegal immigrants are thought to have entered the country legally, and overstayed their visas.

Most drugs that come into the country are brought across the border in trucks, ships, etc. Not on the backs of people crossing a river. So this won't likely have a large impact on drugs.

Many illegals pay taxes. The IRS received over 4 million returns without SSN's last year that paid almost $24 billion in income taxes.

It's not a black/white - one size fits all issues.

That said - I'm in favor of the wall, I just wish it would have been a bi-partisan effort that includes a path to citizenship for many that are caught in the middle. And obviously, Mexico isn't paying for it.
docpoco
8 Point

Postby Pic IN the Casa » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:46 am

You would think border security would be a no brainer bi-partisan gig. But we're dealing with one party whose platform is literally to dismantle the nation.
When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination. Thomas Sowell
Pic IN the Casa
16 Point

Postby MUP » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:00 pm

Dem's were for border security during the Clinton administration, or at least they gave it lip service. :roll: Even Hitlery spoke of curbing illegal immigration iirc.
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby Planking » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:05 pm

Pic IN the Casa wrote:You would think border security would be a no brainer bi-partisan gig. But we're dealing with one party whose platform is literally to dismantle the nation.
Yep!
Planking
10 Point

Postby docpoco » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:15 pm

Pic IN the Casa wrote:You would think border security would be a no brainer bi-partisan gig. But we're dealing with one party whose platform is literally to dismantle the nation.

Well - its a no brainer - IF it makes fiscal sense and we have a high degree of confidence that its going to address the issues that its supposed to.

But lets be clear - it's not going to solve drug imports. And it isn't going to stop a lot of illegal immigration.

Lastly - the whole idea of "bi-partisan" means each side is going to have to give a little. You might not like birthright citizenship, but it's created a lot of complex situations for people. So we have to have conversations about what to do with the millions of illegal immigrants that are rooted here (now) and who are a vital part of our economy.

I didn't see a lot of willingness from the right to talk about a path to citizenship, nor did I see the left wanting to talk about the wall. Its unfortunate.
docpoco
8 Point

Postby BULL MOOSE » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:24 pm

Docpoco,

You stated that 4 million individuals filed taxes without a SS# last year. In other words, they either had a preparer to stupid to put the number on the form or filed it themselves.

4 million without a SS# filed and paid taxes because why?

I don’t believe it. Have you got some proof to back up this claim?

4 million people don’t even live in the smallest 5 population states.
BULL MOOSE
10 Point

Postby Pic IN the Casa » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:37 pm

docpoco wrote:

Well - its a no brainer - IF it makes fiscal sense and we have a high degree of confidence that its going to address the issues that its supposed to.

But lets be clear - it's not going to solve drug imports. And it isn't going to stop a lot of illegal immigration.

Lastly - the whole idea of "bi-partisan" means each side is going to have to give a little. You might not like birthright citizenship, but it's created a lot of complex situations for people. So we have to have conversations about what to do with the millions of illegal immigrants that are rooted here (now) and who are a vital part of our economy.

I didn't see a lot of willingness from the right to talk about a path to citizenship, nor did I see the left wanting to talk about the wall. Its unfortunate.

It's funny... the path to citizenship is performed by hundreds of thousands each year. It's called the legal process.

Quit offering free stuff to those here illegally and they'll leave willingly or by deportation. Prosecute employers for hiring illegals.
It's common sense. Nothing is complicated. That's just codespeak for 'let them stay so they can vote dem'.
When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination. Thomas Sowell
Pic IN the Casa
16 Point

Postby AT Hiker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:13 pm

BULL MOOSE wrote:Docpoco,

You stated that 4 million individuals filed taxes without a SS# last year. In other words, they either had a preparer to stupid to put the number on the form or filed it themselves.

4 million without a SS# filed and paid taxes because why?

I don’t believe it. Have you got some proof to back up this claim?

4 million people don’t even live in the smallest 5 population states.

If you can trust the IRS it’s billions per year collected, no source for how many paid in. It’s interesting for sure and what’s even more is that it’s quit possible that they help keep social security solvent by paying in but not being able to collect.

Could be fake news too?

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/how-d ... explainer/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AT Hiker
14 Point

Postby Wildcat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:22 pm

If anybody wants to find out if they do pay or not just open your own business and take the risk, go ahead and gamble. For those of you that don't want to simply stick your head in the accounting dept where YOU WORK and ask a few questions. I would trust those two things over anything written on the internet.
When a United States Congressman gets up and walks out of the House when the American people in the House Gallery chats USA, USA, then you know who hates America.
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Previous

Return to Political Discussion