Most OVERRATED hunting gear?

catman529

KPH said:
TboneD said:
Wes Parrish said:
For deer hunting, VELCRO.

I hate velcro. :mad:

I'll second that! I really like gear pockets that use magnets.
Yep
that sounds like the magnets would mess with your phone or SD cards if you happen to be checking cameras... wouldn't it?

I might agree with Poser on turkey decoys. At least for me personally I don't see the need for them, but then I do hunt areas loaded with birds and usually shoot them in the bushes. now decoys in a field would probably help me get better video of the hunt, but I just don't like that style of hunting much.

FULLDRAWXX75

ALL of it..............lol

My great uncle Mike hunted from the time he was old enough to legally hunt until his passing at 81. He never wore anything but red/black plaid Woolrich (hat, coat and pants)Northern rubber boots, never owned a deer call or used a single drop of cover scent. He carried a good weapon and killed more deer than anyone I know..........the old fashioned way. Hunting the woods, no shooting houses, ground blinds, etc.
He never owned a single piece of camo clothing in his life. LOL.

I have fallen for the latest/greatest gimmicks over the yrs. but am finding. Go back to the basics is working just fine for me as well, and I tag out every yr. with my deer kills.

It is a money making industry out there and the hunters are supporting it.

FDXX75

Shy of my GPS and maybe a trail cam, both help me to get to and locate deer. I can't think of a single other item I have purchased over the yrs. that actually walked a deer into my freezer.

ffmedic

Anything that is advertised on the outdoor channel! I laugh when the "pro" hunters tell me I have to this or this or this.
Take away the product placement in the videos and the cost on all these items would be way less.