• Advertisement

Sitika

Deer hunt'n gear discussions

Sitika

Postby Trey » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:19 pm

I hope I spelled it correctly..... anyway the brand sitika ..... I’ve heard all the glory stories of how wonderful this gear is, what are y’all thoughts and what particular articles do you guys use ? Thanks in advance T
Trey
Button

Advertisement

Re: Sitika

Postby TNRifleman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:43 pm

What will be your primary use? Whitetails in the south or something else?
Phil. 2:3
TNRifleman
10 Point

Postby Trey » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Yes .... only whitetail in southern middle TN , I’ve read all the hype of how great it is just looking for others opinions and what they like or dislike ..... to put it simple - I don’t like to get cold..... I mainly hunt from treestands
Thanks in advance
Trey
Trey
Button

Postby swd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Never work Sitka gear, so take this with a grain of salt. I hate being cold. I got a Rivers West Ambush coat last year. Best money I have ever spent on hunting clothing and about 1/3 the price of what Sitka wants for a similar piece. I Am adding the Ambush bibs as soon as they are back in stock!
swd
4 Point

Postby TNRifleman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:39 pm

Trey wrote:Yes .... only whitetail in southern middle TN , I’ve read all the hype of how great it is just looking for others opinions and what they like or dislike ..... to put it simple - I don’t like to get cold..... I mainly hunt from treestands
Thanks in advance
Trey

I have not worn Sitka before as almost everything I wear now is First Light. They have a few pieces that are great for stand hunting, namely the Uncompaghre and Sanctuary sets. Probably a little less expensive than Sitka as well.
Phil. 2:3
TNRifleman
10 Point

Postby MickThompson » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:38 pm

I'd start with a set of mid or heavyweight merino base layers. They are my most important piece for any cold weather outdoor activities. I'm not very brand loyal- I get them when I can get a decent deal on them, but expect to pay at least $50 for a piece.
MickThompson
10 Point

Postby spinal tap » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Great stuff. I suggest starting with the base merinos as recommended and go from there. Probably the Fanatic lite and midweight stuff will be the most useful.
spinal tap
Spike

Postby Team Browning » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:39 am

I've got a bit of everything in my giant tote of hunting gear. Stuff from Sitka, Kuiu, Drakes, Cabela's and on and on. There are some that are great. Some good. Some I despise.

There are gear snobs that swear by their brand. There are just as many people that swear AT those same pieces of stuff.

Trialing things is only way to know if something really will work for you. Being cold or hot natured really affects what gear you will like the most.

This year it looks like we will be hunting in shorts and flip flops until close of season. I think I'll wear my camo crocs today!

Sitka has a solid following and they make good stuff.
Team Browning
8 Point

Postby Rakkin6 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Best piece of cold weather gear I own is an IWOM. On the coldest days I am able to wear a base layer and one outer layer and I can stay warm all day. It is expensive on the front end but never have to feel like you the little brother from A Christmas Story. I know some people like the HEATER Body Suit better but the IWOM just worked for me. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Aim Small Miss Small
"DE OPPRESSO LIBER"
Rakkin6
4 Point

Postby Chief44 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:28 pm

Rakkin6 wrote:Best piece of cold weather gear I own is an IWOM. On the coldest days I am able to wear a base layer and one outer layer and I can stay warm all day. It is expensive on the front end but never have to feel like you the little brother from A Christmas Story. I know some people like the HEATER Body Suit better but the IWOM just worked for me. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I’ve got the IWOM also and love it. As said above only base and light outer layer on cold days. Can even pull it up and wear it like a parka.
Chief44
Spike

Postby Rakkin6 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:57 pm

A lot of times I just put it in fanny pack version then just change it to parka version and pull it the rest of the way down once I get all the way up in the tree. Just weather dependent.
Aim Small Miss Small
"DE OPPRESSO LIBER"
Rakkin6
4 Point

Postby Chief44 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:00 pm

Me to. It has to be pretty cold to walk in wearing it as a parka. Great system though.
Chief44
Spike

Postby Rackseeker » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:11 pm

If your thinking about Sitka, go to archerytalk.com and go to classifieds. Usually some good buys on like new used gear.
Tough people last, Tough times don't and Life goes on.............
Rackseeker
12 Point

Postby EastTNHunter » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:03 am

Chief44 wrote:
Rakkin6 wrote:Best piece of cold weather gear I own is an IWOM. On the coldest days I am able to wear a base layer and one outer layer and I can stay warm all day. It is expensive on the front end but never have to feel like you the little brother from A Christmas Story. I know some people like the HEATER Body Suit better but the IWOM just worked for me. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I’ve got the IWOM also and love it. As said above only base and light outer layer on cold days. Can even pull it up and wear it like a parka.

What is this IWOM that you speak of?
EastTNHunter
12 Point

Postby Chief44 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:36 am

EastTNHunter wrote:
Chief44 wrote:

What is this IWOM that you speak of?

Here’s a link.
https://iwomouterwear.com/collections/s ... ing-system
Chief44
Spike

Postby Rakkin6 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Here is the link needless to say it is great. No more being bulky and needing to layer up even in the coldest conditions here in Tennessee. Like I said earlier it is a little expensive upfront ( you can also purchase unused size returns from their website at a discount) but well worth it when you consider you don't have to purchase multiple sets of bibs, jacket, gloves and heavy boots.

https://iwomouterwear.com/
Aim Small Miss Small
"DE OPPRESSO LIBER"
Rakkin6
4 Point

Postby Rakkin6 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Sorry Chief just saw you posted the link also. LOL
Aim Small Miss Small
"DE OPPRESSO LIBER"
Rakkin6
4 Point