• Advertisement

Y'all gonna try take'n a turkey ??

Trad bow hunting talk

Y'all gonna try take'n a turkey ??

Postby FOX FIRE » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:09 am

Turkey season ain't far down the road, anyone gonna try to stick one ??
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Advertisement

Re: Y'all gonna try take'n a turkey ??

Postby eddie c » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:10 am

mainly just going to try to go. family health issues have kept me out of the woods mainly the past 2 years. I hope to try to get another with a bow but not going to hesitate with a shotgun.
eddie c
14 Point

Postby Shag » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 pm

I've been trying for several years. It hasn't came together for me yet. I usually end up bringing a shotgun a few times to get some meat in the freezer. But I'll be out there opening morning, recurve in hand (probably my new Kodiak 59er...I'm really liking it), hoping it's my time to get one with a stick bow.
Shag
Spike

Postby FOX FIRE » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:29 pm

I entirely get the shotgun thing, time a man pays the "investment" money required just to get to hunt he has to use the most effective tool in the box to get the job done, try'n to take a turkey with any bow is hard work, just the added movement ups the challenge factor by 10.

Been see'n lots of birds but doubt I'll have time to go, usually dont, besides, why would a guy want to hunt when he gets to work all the time. :bash: :bash: :bash:
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Postby eddie c » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:27 am

I think it took me 7 shots at different turkeys before I connected with a bow. one turkey got 2 arrows thrown his way.
when I finally connected it was a west TX Rio.
one trip I took both the longbow and the shotgun. when I missed with the bow at 15 yards, the turkey stopped at 40 and looked back. by then I'd had the shotgun pointed at him.
eddie c
14 Point

Return to Traditional Bow Hunting