2020 Honda Rubicon

Uncle Jesse

Just bought a 2020 Honda Rubicon DCT and it gets 2 thumbs way up from me. They finally addressed the issue of going into reverse. Now you don't have to pull the brake or completely stop and it skips neutral. It's now faster going from forward to reverse than a foot shift

The thumb shift buttons will override automatic temporarily then it will go back to automatic

I usually get a new Honda every 2 years and they always feel like what I just had but this one is a big improvement over what I traded in

Uncle Jesse

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 18157.jpg
    18157.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 4,085

Uncle Jesse

$9500 for the deluxe. Same price for camo or the green that I got. Really wanted a camo but this one was there and I was ready to buy

One thing I've noticed, I stretched it out and 45 was all it would do. My rancher would do upper 50's

They've also made the racks to accept dry storage boxes. I got one for the front

Fitchj13

I picked up a leftover 2019 foreman, es, eps about 2 weeks ago. Pretty good deal.

Got it up to 53 on an old country road this past saturday.

Gotta find me some tires/wheels for it now.

Attachments

• 20190909_175451.jpg
    20190909_175451.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 3,862

cbhunter

Uncle Jesse":3krxjc6t said:
$9500 for the deluxe. Same price for camo or the green that I got. Really wanted a camo but this one was there and I was ready to buy

One thing I've noticed, I stretched it out and 45 was all it would do. My rancher would do upper 50's

They've also made the racks to accept dry storage boxes. I got one for the front

Yeah that speed is a head scratcher. That's rated a 520 right?

Not that a man needs to go any faster but would have me questioning its overall power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Jesse

cbhunter":qtsryt92 said:

Not that a man needs to go any faster but would have me questioning its overall power.

Yes, it is a 520. It's not that I want to go faster than that, it sounds like it's revving high at 30 to 35. I guess they geared it low so it would handle bigger tires. It also has low range too which seems unnecessary to me

I'm not a speed demon but I do run some roads on the farm. I've got one field that is 6 miles one way from my house

cbhunter

Uncle Jesse":37l3r4mx said:
cbhunter":37l3r4mx said:

Yes, it is a 520. It's not that I want to go faster than that, it sounds like it's revving high at 30 to 35. I guess they geared it low so it would handle bigger tires. It also has low range too which seems unnecessary to me

I'm not a speed demon but I do run some roads on the farm. I've got one field that is 6 miles one way from my house
im sure it will be sufficient, just a little slower. Lol

Gravey

Rackseeker":w6iy322c said:
That thing is nice looking. I have been wanting to test drive the Talon. Just wondering what are the 2020 Rubicons going for ? I have a 2016.
Not to side track here but a buddy of mine just bought one and it's sick. I was at the Kubota dealer that's across from Honda so I stopped there too just to look. They're $20k before adding anything. Think I'll keep my Pioneer 700.

Uncle Jesse

I'm just over 500 miles and really like the Rubicon. I also bought a 2020 rancher. It feels like it's got more pep than the Rubicon until a load gets hooked up. That's where the Rubicon shines

From my experience, if you want big tires or need low end torque get the Rubicon. Otherwise save some money and get a rancher with power steering of course

cbhunter

Uncle Jesse":1fb42pqt said:
I'm just over 500 miles and really like the Rubicon. I also bought a 2020 rancher. It feels like it's got more pep than the Rubicon until a load gets hooked up. That's where the Rubicon shines

From my experience, if you want big tires or need low end torque get the Rubicon. Otherwise save some money and get a rancher with power steering of course
glad your enjoying it. Sharp bike

Uncle Jesse

Thought I would let everyone know how the Rubicon turned out. Transmission started popping in fifth gear and it would hang up in fourth. This started in February at about 4000 miles and I took it to the dealer in March to be fixed. Late April they called and said it was ready. Didn't make it a mile and it was still popping in fifth so I took it back

Fast foward to Mid May, they were telling me it would be a couple months before they could start on it and an estimated repair bill of $1500. I'd already spent $700 in April. They ended up just buying it from me

It was great while it was working but probably won't have another automatic Honda

cbhunter

Thought I would let everyone know how the Rubicon turned out. Transmission started popping in fifth gear and it would hang up in fourth. This started in February at about 4000 miles and I took it to the dealer in March to be fixed. Late April they called and said it was ready. Didn't make it a mile and it was still popping in fifth so I took it back

Fast foward to Mid May, they were telling me it would be a couple months before they could start on it and an estimated repair bill of $1500. I'd already spent $700 in April. They ended up just buying it from me

It was great while it was working but probably won't have another automatic Honda
That's the one complaint my mechanic has about the newer Honda's. He says the transmissions are junk. Glad you got them to buy it back

Latest posts