• Advertisement

CA Law Changes

Talk about Elk

CA Law Changes

Postby LanceS4803 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:54 am

For those planning a future hunting trip to California, some new laws went into effect on 1 July. From SCI::

You can't bring your own ammunition into the state. It is unknown if non-residents can purchase ammunition there. AND, if you can purchase the ammo, there will be a $19 fee.

"New ammunition regulations have gone into effect in California with differing results, depending on whether or not the purchaser is already in the state’s REAL ID system, according to an article in The Outdoor Wire, an industry news agency. If one is in the system, there will be an additional charge of one dollar. If not, the additional charge is $19.
In addition, there is uncertainty as to whether non-residents can buy ammunition in the state at all, AND everyone is banned from bringing ammunition into the state. That includes hunters and competitive shooters.
Finally, lead ammunition is now banned in California."
TN Lifetime Sportsman license
NRA Life member
VFW Life member
LanceS4803
10 Point

Advertisement

Re: CA Law Changes

Postby EastTNHunter » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:32 am

Why do people continue to live there?
EastTNHunter
12 Point

Postby ImThere » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:45 am

Its one of the most beautiful states in the country. There are many people just like me and you there, I grew up in the country hunting and fishing just like any good ole boy here did. The problem is the state is ruled by LA, San Francisco Bay area including Oakland and Berkeley every thing in between don't matter, it takes 8 hours to drive from LA to San Francisco. The mountains and coast are world class beautiful.
Predator Kestrel
Custom Climbing sicks
Ernie Powers linesman w/ sitdrag
ImThere
14 Point

Postby Andy S. » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 pm

No plans of hunting there anytime soon, but do appreciate you sharing this information. Thanks!
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.
Andy S.
16 Point

Postby DaveB » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:11 pm

Spent 12 nice years in CA, hunted all over-deer, antelope, geese, ducks, piggies, coyotes, ground squirrels, rabbits, and even quail.

The state is indeed full of great stuff but so long as Los Angeles and SanFran exist it will only continue to slide downhill.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
DaveB
16 Point

Postby ImThere » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:55 pm

DaveB wrote:Spent 12 nice years in CA, hunted all over-deer, antelope, geese, ducks, piggies, coyotes, ground squirrels, rabbits, and even quail.

The state is indeed full of great stuff but so long as Los Angeles and SanFran exist it will only continue to slide downhill.

Yes sir. You really have to experience CA to understand it.
Los A and San Fran are third world countries in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Predator Kestrel
Custom Climbing sicks
Ernie Powers linesman w/ sitdrag
ImThere
14 Point

Postby Buzzard Breath » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 pm

I hunted blacktails in CA 3 or 4 years ago. We had an absolute blast. The people in Mendocino County treated us great. I can't wait to get back and chase deer there again. I'm also wanting to bear hunt there. We were into bears on a daily basis. I even lost the deer I shot to a sow with 2 cubs. A couple false charges and I decided she could have it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Buzzard Breath
10 Point

Postby LanceS4803 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Buzzard Breath wrote:I hunted blacktails in CA 3 or 4 years ago. We had an absolute blast.

I was listening to a podcast and they said 50% of California is public land. So, the hunting opportunities are there if you pursue it enough. The state government just isn't making it easy.
TN Lifetime Sportsman license
NRA Life member
VFW Life member
LanceS4803
10 Point

Return to Hunting - other than deer