CA Law Changes

LanceS4803

For those planning a future hunting trip to California, some new laws went into effect on 1 July. From SCI::

You can't bring your own ammunition into the state. It is unknown if non-residents can purchase ammunition there. AND, if you can purchase the ammo, there will be a $19 fee.

"New ammunition regulations have gone into effect in California with differing results, depending on whether or not the purchaser is already in the state's REAL ID system, according to an article in The Outdoor Wire, an industry news agency. If one is in the system, there will be an additional charge of one dollar. If not, the additional charge is $19.
In addition, there is uncertainty as to whether non-residents can buy ammunition in the state at all, AND everyone is banned from bringing ammunition into the state. That includes hunters and competitive shooters.
Finally, lead ammunition is now banned in California."

ImThere

Its one of the most beautiful states in the country. There are many people just like me and you there, I grew up in the country hunting and fishing just like any good ole boy here did. The problem is the state is ruled by LA, San Francisco Bay area including Oakland and Berkeley every thing in between don't matter, it takes 8 hours to drive from LA to San Francisco. The mountains and coast are world class beautiful.

DaveB

Spent 12 nice years in CA, hunted all over-deer, antelope, geese, ducks, piggies, coyotes, ground squirrels, rabbits, and even quail.

The state is indeed full of great stuff but so long as Los Angeles and SanFran exist it will only continue to slide downhill.

ImThere

DaveB":r3bl3wkd said:
Spent 12 nice years in CA, hunted all over-deer, antelope, geese, ducks, piggies, coyotes, ground squirrels, rabbits, and even quail.

The state is indeed full of great stuff but so long as Los Angeles and SanFran exist it will only continue to slide downhill.
Yes sir. You really have to experience CA to understand it.
Los A and San Fran are third world countries in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzard Breath

I hunted blacktails in CA 3 or 4 years ago. We had an absolute blast. The people in Mendocino County treated us great. I can't wait to get back and chase deer there again. I'm also wanting to bear hunt there. We were into bears on a daily basis. I even lost the deer I shot to a sow with 2 cubs. A couple false charges and I decided she could have it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LanceS4803

Buzzard Breath":2ej4st4c said:
I hunted blacktails in CA 3 or 4 years ago. We had an absolute blast.

I was listening to a podcast and they said 50% of California is public land. So, the hunting opportunities are there if you pursue it enough. The state government just isn't making it easy.

Latest posts